Put Too much Lube

I have been playing with yoyo with quiet some time and was familiar with the usage of thick and thin lube
but accidentally put 5-6 drops of it in my type a bearing :disappointed::frowning:
is there a way to get that lube out of the bearing without opening the bearing up as it is a too big of a deal and I want to know, will cleaning the bearing will solve the problem

If there is a way to get that extra lube out without cleaning then sure tell me (who don’t want to be lazy and I am laxzy to get any solvent)

And should I get mineral spirit as a solvent as I have heard that mieral spirit can be used to make thin yoyo lube

2 Likes

Over time it will become less responsive, but depending on how much lube you put in, how thick the lube is, and how much you play, how hard you throw, and how much the bearing spins, it could take quite a while, days, or months.

Cleaning it will give you the quickest results and is a skill you will need to develop to maintain your yoyo properly. I feel that it’s good to experiment with things related to yoyoing. It will give you a better understanding of everything yoyo. I’d suggest playing it for a bit the way it is and just see how it reacts over a few hours, days, weeks. When you can’t stand it, or are just ready for it to be unresponsive, clean it.

4 Likes

You can also press the bearing on to the tapered end of a pen or pencil and blast it with a can of compressed air. If that doesn’t work you should clean it.

1 Like

That’s what she said

2 Likes

Did the guy ever get his bearing clean?
Asking for a friend.

1 Like

Canned air, don’t even take the bearing out, or the shields off. Spray and spin it both directions the line will come out.
@codinghorror hyperspin method

2 Likes

For a friend :joy:

1 Like