yoyo bar fight

Well, I don’t even know why you started this whole drinking thing. This is just going to turn into some kind of argument, and then somebody is going to end up getting banned from these forums. That’s just my side of the story though.

I am 15 years old.

Not if everybody handles the topic at hand as an adult.

That is not feasible. This forum has a large adolescent population, many of which are unfamiliar with the finer points of such topics. Regardless of your position on the subject, you have 0 chance of effecting the opinion of someone who holds a contrary position.
Since no references can be made to these topics without degenerating in to a conjecture competition, I believe topics of this nature should be locked or removed and supplementary rules added that inclusion of references to the use or abuse of mind altering chemicals as an offense. There are many appropriate places for this sort of debate, but it troubles me that anyone would consider yoyoexpert of all places, as one of them.

I’m suprised this topic hasn’t been locked by a mod yet as it has gotten off topic and has turned into a debate of whether teen drinking is right or not. It is obviously not.

1 Like

I agree one Hundred Percent.

Let it be recognized that I don’t condone underage drinking, and I don’t take part in it. But why is it not “Right”?

i told a story the only part that had to do with drinking was that i was at a bar and that “im not good when im drunk”. you can clearly see that wasn’t at all the point of the story. i thought it was an interesting/funny story (as well as other members of the forum) and wanted to see if anyone else had any idiots that made fun of them for yoyoing or whatever. it wasn’t me who started the debate. maybe a moderator can clear this up if I’m wrong?

edit: i also didn’t take any part in this debate. i want everyone to know i just told my story with full good intentions and to give a few laughs and to see if anyone else had funny stories. I am sorry if anyone was offended.

dcs937, I don’t think others were offended at what you said so much as worried that you were getting into murky waters. Forums such as these with a large proportion of the members being under age can if they choose to take on some “moral” obligations. I applaud yoyoexpert for keeping things respectful around here and refusing to have anything to do with things illegal. So we must remember that our actions can influence others and we don’t want to do that in a negative way here.

The forums I run has an adult only area where “adult” things can be discussed. That way the younger members are safe while in my house…

Alright guys, I think we can end this now.

Thread done.

1 Like

I don’t think I said anything bad though? Younger members know that some adults drink alcohol and go to bars. Besides that I said it effected my yoyo skills… This thread should just be locked or deleted since it isn’t really doing any good. Thats obviously just my opinion im not a moderator.

Q, I wasn’t talking to you, but to some other members who earlier stated that they thought underage drinking was not a big deal.

I totally forgot about this thread. I’m locking it now. Maybe too late but I have to.