Yoyo Appraisal Thread

Woah is that TiSS, or bi-metal ‘styling’?

3 Likes

@adamantiumpops It’s full titanium - the body is brushed and the rims are polished, which give it the bi-metal appearance!

1 Like

That Unknown Diesis looks amazing. :heart_eyes::heart_eyes: I can’t even find any information about it on Google!

2 Likes

Those are handling marks, raw and especially polished Ti scratches very easy.

3 Likes

I was looking for a Diesis for a long while. They’re all pretty limited, but I don’t think the unknown version is any more limited than the Sara, Sebby, or Anthony versions. Average price I saw them sold for was ~150 dollars.

Edit: this is unrelated to the appraisal discussion at hand, but I’m just uploading this picture of the Anthony Rojas Diesis here because I don’t know why this yoyo is hard to bring up info on. For a moment I was second guessing myself if the Anthony version existed at all.

5 Likes

FWIW I traded a mint Wooly Marmot 2 for a mint Anthony Rojas Diesis ~September 2020. I’ve seen WM2’s pop up on the BST in the years since but I’ve not seen a Diesis, though I haven’t paid 100% attention tbf. It’s an Unknown edition too, so I agree w/ mable that the $150 range seems right, though depending on the buyer could probably get more.

There’s also a “budget Diesis” in the pipeline which will be a cool way to get the yo-yo into more hands whenever that comes out.

ETA: here’s a pic of mine just to document the Anthony Rojas Diesis further lol

5 Likes

I have been after the rojas diesis for a long while and have not seen one pop up anywhere

3 Likes

That’s a good point, when I found mine it wasn’t actually posted publicly. I had been posting consistently looking for one for a couple months and was buying something else from someone when they asked if I was still looking for a Diesis. And the person I got it from was/is on CoreCo’s team which certainly didn’t hurt my odds at finding one lol.

The last (and only) Diesis I can think of that was posted in the BST was when @AaronW listed their all black (hardcoat?) one last year. There might’ve been another one or two though since I don’t watch the FB BSTs closely.

1 Like

Need help with pricing, haven’t seen one of these in a long while on BST.

WYYC 2009 yoyoguy dot com B!ST B-Rush.

9 Likes

@mable @Isaac thanks guys! I’ve not seen one at all, so this is super helpful!

5 Likes

Has anyone tried this yo-yo? Yes. I have. (And I also own one.)

How does it work in 1a? It works fine; like a 1a yo-yo (!). But seriously, if you have played with a Tom Kuhn Silver Bullet and/or an original release Tom Kuhn Silver Bullet 2 – both considered 1a yo-yos – the AL-2000 is the same thing, but a second class version of those two. The AL-2000 was made by “Play - Giocattoli Toys” of Italy. It came with a wooden transaxle and ball bearing axle, set of brass spacers, two lock nuts, and one threaded axle.

Does it have silicone pads? No. Again, if you are familiar with the Silver Bullet and/or the original release Silver Bullet 2, then you know this yo-yo’s (lack of any) response area.

(This post was made in reply to Chaman’s post about the Italian “AL-2000” yo-yo. That post was deleted [or moved?] while I was in the middle of replying to it. Just fyi)

3 Likes

The AL-2000 reminds me of the Custom Products AXL.

5 Likes

Thanks for the information!
I am not familiar with the Kuhn Silver Bullet 2,nor have I ever played it.
I myself have deleted the post because I thought it was not the right thread:)

You could have just edited your post and added “What’s it worth?” Easy fix!

1 Like

How much is a mint Unprld Recognition? Mine is blue.

3 Likes

$35 - $40

4 Likes

Price check on this signed NIB (though the packaging is rough) Smothers Brothers VHS + Yoyo

4 Likes

There’s several on eBay also NiB w/ better condition box for ~$20-$40 so take that for what you will. Maybe $20 at the most then?

1 Like

Thanks! It shall be a shelf item then, lol. Or maybe I’ll open it and play with the yoyo like a real person. Who knows!

3 Likes

(post deleted by author)

1 Like