Yoyo Appraisal Thread

It’s high to me if I was wanting to buy one, but also, it’s fair for a person that is a collector and wants it.

I’d ask $180 if selling and go down if needed every few days.

1 Like

(edit 5A)

personally I do not think they have significant value … for a few dollars you can buy packs of 10 or 20 game dice, translucent, of assorted colors, or single-color, even clear like those and with a hobbyist lathe drill a perfect hole of the size you consider most opportune … they will be completely identical to those in the picture.
I made these about ten years ago … as you can see (sorry for the poor quality of the photo) I chose to drill them on sides 1 - 6

3 Likes

at the time it was a yoyo that received little interest … today I don’t know but it can be, now it seems to me a price in line with the various “memorabilia” of a decade ago and beyond …

2 Likes

Maybe I’m mistaken, but weren’t the clear dice originally only available with the Hyper Freehands, and that’s why they’re considered valuable?

Pulled this from the internet

1 Like

They were also included with the Duncan Origami. They were once sought after and valuable from what I saw when they were exclusive to the Hyper Freehand, but that ended when they were just included with the Origami. The Freehand One including them makes them even less valuable now.

1 Like

honestly I do not know the details but in my view, if something has no particular signs of recognition and is easily reproducible … even if in a certain context it can be perceived as “precious”, in practice it is not.
it’s my opinion …

2 Likes

Oh gotcha, forgot about them being included with the Origami.

1 Like

Yeah that is completely fair. I agree. I was just trying to add some perspective. The new ones are slightly different though.

1 Like

Its been a long time since I was in here but I was curios how much a lightly used one drop sugar glider would go for.

4 Likes

Maybe around $45-50

2 Likes

I might be a taker for a sugar glider.

Any thoughts on what a Team Edition 7 Summit is worth? It’s in great shape with no impact damage, marks, or dings, though it does look like a yo-yo that’s been around since 2015. No box or packaging (was there ever for the team edition?).

Also curious what the current market rate for the anti-yo red heart SE’s is? Last I knew they were between $60-$80, but that was a few years ago.

10 Likes

Those side effects are probably $120-150 depending on the day. The summit is probably $200-250 depending on where you sell it. Summits have been going up in value a lot lately. @KesmEyeball

3 Likes

Hello, team. Who would like to take a crack at appraising Ken’s collection. He is looking to sell the lot. Looks like some older gems in here.

@KenF

1 Like

Hi everyone, haven’t been on here in a minute :slight_smile:

How much would a mint OG CLYW Yeti go for nowadays (w/ box and sticker)? Specifically the black first run where they released 50(?) in person at the WYYC and 50(?) online on YYE.

3 Likes

If you hold out for a while you can get $100.

If you need it sold quick, $70.

Sold my last two for $90 each and kept it listed for about a week

4 Likes

Do certain runs or color ways Run more then others? I just bought the purple one. And tbh I just strung it up and it’s awesome ngl

2 Likes

Not from my experience. I do believe I heard the first runs had a touch more vibe, but I am unsure if that holds any truth.

I had a Purple one, it was smoother than the Grey one, but both played awesome and it wasn’t enough vibe for me to care.

It is a great yoyo. I enjoyed it more than the Onedrop Cabal.

3 Likes

Can anyone tell me when these were made? And were they a mail order product or a promotional giveaway?

1 Like

small bearing Freehand Ti prototype?

Not selling at this moment.

5 Likes