Yoyo Appraisal Thread

The top picture has an original rooyo red/gray (120), Turning Point leviathan 1 ($100-150) right below the rooyo in the first picture, raw proyo cold fusion which is the top right of the first picture, werrd two fat ladies ($80-90) located in the first picture between the rooyo and cold fusion.

That last picture is so awesome from left to right and top to bottom with my estimated pricing.

Broken Yoyos Plugin (150-200) rooyo HF (50), x-yo Excalibur (40)
Alchemy silk (40), Any Happy Yo quicksilver 2 (150-200)

I think the original plugin and the quicksilver are the coolest things of the bunch because both use a teflon coating. I’ve never seen a black Teflon coated quicksilver 2 so I’m thinking that might have been a test colorway. The plugin is also strange because they usually coated the outside with another color as well.

2 Likes

Unopened OG Freehands are still on the up. This one went for $510, might be a new record.

5 Likes

First run plugin was all black

The colored ones were the 1.2 edition if I remember right

@persson most likely remembers more than me

I was wondering how much an original MarkMont Project would be worth, mint, with the original box and sticker that it came with.

1 Like

An amount that’s gonna make you very happy I think. I’ll let the more informed in recent sales chime in.

5 Likes

Mint can go between 350-500 depending on where you sell it

1 Like

I got one for 100 bucks cheaper than that if any ballers want to ball.

3 Likes

Musket chief with some love marks? Anybody know which run(s) this one could be?

The gouge shown is definitely the worst mark by far.

7/10 string vibe
5/10 fingernail vibe

3 Likes

the very first Plug-ins of 2003 were raw, then Saxa (at the time the collaboration with Niubi and Speed12 and the relative brand Brokenyoyos did not yet exist), he experimented with various finishing and adjustments and given that in Italy the anodic coloring processes were always a problem and never widespread on goods that are not highly industrial and that the family owned an aluminum cookware production company, he thought it well to apply the non-stick Teflon treatment of the cookware to the yoyo cups, with the intention of giving it a better sliding ability in grinds-tricks … the treatment, however, as you know, is very delicate and easily prone to scratching. the covers were all black.
in 2004 Saxa started to collaborate with Niubi and the Plug-in 1.1 was born … with the main difference in the return system, no more embedded o-rings but fluid silicone … so I think the one in the picture is a 1.1
After a few years, thanks to the accession of Speed12, a 3D expert who, years before the cad drawings of the first model are lost, completely redesigns the new yoyo, starting from two old sawn cups, with changes affecting the hubs, the bearing which passes from C to D, the adaptation of the response system and a reduction of the weight which passes from 71gr. starting at 66 gr., the plug-in 3 and the Brokenyoyos brand are born.
As for the colors, that I remember, those with a different color cup interior from the catch-zone, were not coated in Teflon but with a shrink-wrapped plastic film, such as Sumo Arlecchino and had the VGA name … but they passed almost twenty years and now there is no more information …

4 Likes

Looks like musket was 3rd run, can confirm by weighing it:

1 Like

Any ideas on the price on these SEs

16 Likes

Dude those are insanely dope

5 Likes

I really want those for my LT LOL

1 Like

Not sure what the SE’s themselves go for but the art was done by Paul Escolar as part of the Argonaut CODE2

12 Likes

I would want $60 at least considering it’s tires to Paul and the rarity

With Antiyo SE going for $200 I think that’s very possible

6 Likes

Thanks. Ive had them awhile fiund them tucked away in a case

Do clear dice counterweights hold value anymore?

I can’t remember if Duncan started making them again.

They’re packaged with all of the special edition Freehand Ones. I wouldn’t pay more than a couple bucks for one. The new ones have the Duncan logo molded into one side, and the hole for the string is more narrow. I like the new design a lot more personally. I’d say maybe like 5 bucks a piece if you were trying to sell them.

3 Likes

Thanks mable, yeah, looks like I got the old ones and if they are basically worthless I’ll just hold for whenever I decide to take 4a seriously.

1 Like

Have seen one on the BST for 180$ which seam to have sold. Feels a bit high?! What are your thoughts?

2 Likes