Yoyo Appraisal Thread

The first and second are very similar. You can lay the two of them on a flat surface right next to each other and you can see a slight difference in the outer edge. One is ever so slightly rounder than the other. The third run is very obviously different than the first two, much more rounded edges. I’m sure there are pics out on the web that describe this better than I just did lol.

And I think the first run that @mrciurleo is referring to is the painted first runs.

7 Likes

I thought my raw Peak was third run because it has rather flat edges and plays unbelievable. 3rd run, right? I did my research here:

1 Like

Do you have a picture of it? The edges are different as I recall, I don’t know if I’d categorize them as flat though. I may be remembering this wrong, I think a pic will clear it up.

4 Likes

plays great, rounder edge than I remembered. Damn it plays great. Thanks for being interested and communicating!

6 Likes

I wonder how much that’ll be worth in maybe 5 years.

2 Likes

Well I’ve been thinking that for the last 10 since I got it. Still not sure what it’s worth now.

2 Likes

Yep, I believe that’s a third run. @mrciurleo or @jasonwongzero can confirm I’m sure.

3 Likes

Definitely looks like a third run. I’ll pull out a second run later today to look but I’m pretty sure that @vegabomb is spot on about the edge.

4 Likes

Sounds right to me. All my yoyos are packed in moving boxes right now but I can check later if mrciurleo can’t.

Jason

4 Likes

So I got this Heaven Sent Creep a while ago and never really threw it and don’t know why. I don’t remember what I paid for it and was just curious what the value is. I just recently got it out and it’s fun. Kind of a throwback feel. Any ideas of value?

4 Likes

This isn’t a hard number but I traded a gnarwhal for one and then traded it for a 69 recently. It had some scuffs but played smooth. I know this isn’t a number but I think that is a good ballpark.

3 Likes

Much appreciated.

1 Like

The last one on the YYE BST in November was $110 for mint but never sold.

2 Likes

A few of you were talking about peak runs.

I’ve got an Iron Man colour peak, which run would that be? I don’t think it’s a fools gold but one half does look faded to me. Maybe the sun did it?

I’ve had it for a long while and never really knew what run it is.

1 Like

Do you have any photos? The Fools Gold Iron Man Peaks had a very obvious marking on the rims. There are ~10 A grades which are pretty rare.

5 Likes

The Creep went for $100
Cc @Jtown

2 Likes

Iron Man Peaks are from the 2nd run, circa 2009

5 Likes

The top half is slightly lighter in colour but no engravings on it at all.

We’re the 2nd runs considered good? Personally I really like it, top 5 favorite throws I own.

6 Likes

People say the second runs are hit or miss but after owning a bunch I’d say they all play well, just feel a bit heavier than the first and third run (more of a “thunk” at the end of the string). I sold mine with a major scuff that was sanded down for $250 a couple years back. Peak values are down but someone would probably still pay around that for the Iron Man, it’s definitely one of the rarer second runs.

7 Likes

Totally get the thunk feeling. Not as thunk as a Terrarian but I think it’s definitely on the heavy side. But I do like the way it plays.

2 Likes