Yoyo Appraisal Thread

How much would a yyj metalhead go for?

1 Like

So I recently just got a Dif-e-yo Rev-1 Over Haul, and I was told it was very rare, but when I go to look up the price on it, here isn’t a definite answer. Does anyone know how much it goes for?

2 Likes

There is no “blue book” for yoyo prices. It’s whatever the market is willing to pay at any givem time. Prices for “very rare” yoyos vary considerably. Put a price on it and see who bites.

4 Likes

Agree with @jhb8426. Someone recently was looking for one on the BST. I can’t remember who though. If you search a bit you can probably find the post.

3 Likes

Try doing a search in the #buy-sell-trade category for that word, ordering the results by latest. That’ll pick up the last time someone typed that word in a BST post.

4 Likes

Some of mine. 1st shop Peaks dont have the fine ring in the inside of the cup caused by tool changing during manufacturer of the 2nd shop. Cf. 28 Stories (which also has the flat nipple) and the others. The maple drip is 2nd shop, 3rd run and plays better than the 2nd runs. The golden nugget is 2nd shop, 2nd run and is an A-grade. There were many B-grades and it was this run that inspired the ‘fools gold’ stamp still in use today.

15 Likes

Ooooh finally someone who has all 3 original Peak runs!

How do the OG (that flat nipple 28 Stories) and 3rd run (maple drip) compare in play?

2 Likes

Very little between them - both share the rounded-off outer lip mentioned earlier and play very similar. I’d actually choose the 3rd run for the feel on the string.

2 Likes

Good to know, thanks. I’ve only had 2nd and 3rd runs, with the 3rd run being my favorite for its feel in hand (rounded outer rim does make a difference) and in play.

1 Like

Maple drip and Grizzly Bear Clown Towns are some of the prettiest yoyos ever made.

2 Likes

Plus the drips are difficult to achieve at scale. So many b-grades…

2 Likes

What’s a fair asking price for a mint/NMTBS YYF Nightmare these days? Missed out on the b-grades and might try to snag one if I find it on the BST next month.

Alternatively, any way to search this thread? I’m on mobile and don’t see how; sorry if this has been answered earlier!

1 Like

I might consider a NM nightmare in the 40$ area if it was the right color.

3 Likes

Touch the search button. There should be an option to check that is “search this topic”.

4 Likes

Lmao welp I feel dumb now for missing that. Thank you!!!

2 Likes

Needs pics, maybe @nothingfaced can oblige us!

1 Like

That seems pretty low, I was thinking $60

2 Likes

I might do 60$ for a mint one in a galaxy color or something. I might pay more if I hadn’t already owned one and didn’t know it wasn’t really my jam.

2 Likes

I think it’s one of those things where if you charge $60 for one it’s gonna sit for a hot minute until the right buyer shows up.

$40 seems closer to me given the abundance of YYF’s, but I could be wrong.

3 Likes

I wish I had a Grizzly Peak - sadly I do not. This is not my image but you can see why @vegabomb called this one out. Rare and difficult to produce a quality result.

8 Likes