DONE - please delete

Hi everyone, these are for sale only, no trades please!

Would rather not sell but I really need the cash.

Grail is SOLD!

Best offers considered, price includes shipping to US/Canada, but we can make it lower if you are in Europe (I am in France), for example. Thanks for checking out my ad…

CLYW Peak, 3rd run, if you know you know… it plays beautifully but with typical vibe (tuned out as much as possible) and it’s in a super rare colorway, green acid splash. Damage on rims but you should play it and not keep it like a museum piece. $200

Heaven Sent Creep, blue colorway (name?). If you love organics, you will love this one, plays and feels great. Original box included. No damage, so let’s call it near mint. Looking for $110.

A-RT Grail SOLD

IMG_6820 IMG_6821 IMG_6822

5 Likes

Pmed on the grail

What makes the 3rd run peak so special that it’s damaged and still over $200? Cause that’s crazy!!!

4 Likes

Despite assuming that your question about the Peak is rhetorical, I’m gonna answer anyway that 1) they don’t make these anymore, 2) it’s a very rare colorway (I know because I was hunting one of these for years), 3) IMO other than the original 1st run Peaks, the 3rd runs are much better playing and feeling than any of the 2nd runs or the new Peaks, and 4) $200 is the price that personally makes it worthwhile for me to sell because I like this yoyo a lot. You probably wouldn’t like the price I’d try to sell my other 3rd run Peak for either (it’s purple acid splash, and damaged courtesy of Gentry Stein, who I bought it from years ago). However if you are serious you are welcome to make a different offer. Have a nice day.

7 Likes

You can ask whatever you want to ask. It’s your yoyo. That said, nobody is going to buy your peak because of how it plays. lol just sayin. And when CLYW started making so many throws, a lot of them in China, and came out with a new Peak, it really hurt the value of the Peak. They used to be in such high demand as collectors items.

4 Likes

I agree with pretty much everything you said. I know the Peak is past its “peak”. The bottom line is that the price is what makes it worth it to me to sell. If it doesn’t sell, that’s ok too.

3 Likes

This my friends is how adults handle a disagreement. Free bump.

3 Likes

@flowerpower0186 You must be new here. Lol beezy here knows what’s up. If you follow CLYW’s history you’ll understand where he’s coming from. If you’ll ask me I’ll value it higher. It’s called collector’s value. Yeah, there are far more better performing throws than a Peak out there right now. But this is one important piece of history not just of CLYW but of modern yoyos.

3 Likes

I could not disagree more. Valuing a beat throw above $200 is ridiculous I don’t care what it is. It’s dumb.$200 is a lot of money. You prob paid $120 for it 8 years ago and now it’s all of a sudden smashed into the concrete and worth more. Craaaaaazy. Yeah flower power is right, NO ONE is buying your yoyo for $200 because YOU think it plays special. :joy::joy::joy::man_shrugging:t4:

1 Like

I’ll sometimes list things for sale way higher than what they’re worth just so I can tell my wife I’m actively trying to sell it…

6 Likes

Beezy is a very smart guy and very knowledgeable about yoyos. He’s been around for years and has gone through a considerable number of yoyos, hahaha.

He is not trying to offend anybody or insult anybody’s intelligence. He knows exactly what he paid for that particular Peak. And he knows exactly how long ago it was made. He is not placing a value on the yoyo based on what ‘you’ think it’s worth to you or everybody else you guys feel you represent. His price is what it is worth to justify him letting it go. You don’t have to like his asking price one bit. Anybody that doesn’t like his price is not who he is trying to attract. He is looking for one person that is willing to deal with his price in order to get his Peak.

(Maybe you guys are forgetting something. Even though this Board has been revamped; there is a standing rule regarding people jumping into BST listings and giving sellers crap about their prices and such… I have no logical idea why the active Board Mods are letting you guys use Beezy for target practice.)

Let me give you guys a random example. I own two Ti Walkers. I’ll be perfectly honest; I can’t remember exactly how much I paid for either of them? But I know it was between 2 and about 3 hundred dollars. Over the last few years; I have been contacted by several people about ‘selling one of them’(come on Mo; you have two. Sell me one😳)

Interestingly; the pattern seems to follow the same recipe. They want the Ti Walker ‘real bad’. But they never just make me an offer. It is almost always, ‘Tell me the least you will take for it. Or how bout a cash and trade deal? Or; I want it but don’t want to pay anymore than I have to. Or they ask me; how much did I pay for it?
… So I guess if I bought it at a lawn sale for 5 bucks; then I should sell it for cheaps?

If I ever decided to sell a Ti Walker; I would ask a pretty penny for it. And I wouldn’t care who got bent up about it.

I understand that a New condition Ti Walker is not a beat up Peak. But each person selling a yo-yo on this BST; has the right to personally identify the Price they want to sell a yo-yo for. So if I decide to sell a Ti Walker for $500 or even more; you guys whining about my price is a waste of energy. My yoyo… my price… you don’t like? Fine.

And if Beezy wants a few hundred for a Peak that’s been bounced around the Octagon; that’s the price. Only one guy has to like that price.

His Peak may be worth the price to only one guy on Earth. That is the only guy that matters.

9 Likes

Shoutout to my fellow YYE lifers who’ve been here for years fist bump I appreciate the support and it’s nice to see familiar names even though I’m not on here as much as before. Also, I appreciate civil back-and-forth on the internet in general - if we disagree, that’s fine as long as it’s done respectfully.

Meanwhile, come on @Yardist, you clearly have no idea what you are talking about because I have done much dumber things. But seriously, this style of internet discourse is why people don’t like to engage online further. Did you even read what I wrote? I’m not trying to sell a Peak for $200 merely because I only think it “plays special”. You mischaracterizing my argument and then calling what is ostensibly your reasoning, not mine, “dumb” is in effect calling your own reasoning “dumb”, and for that all I can say is enjoy your reasoning but please leave me out of it.

Apologies for all the bumps, everyone, it certainly was not my intention :sweat_smile: at least the Grail is now sold… however the Creep has gotten ignored so far :cry::laughing:

5 Likes

Did someone say, “Ti Walker?” I’ll give you $450 right now, my dude. I mean, “come on Mo; you have two.”

1 Like

Lol, I’ll give you 750 for that ti walker.

1 Like

Lol, give it to Kenny.

1 Like

Nah man, I’ve been around here for years. When they made the new website, I couldn’t sign in using my old username and password so I just made a new one. My username was jaf0018 and I had a lot of positive feedback from buying and selling and it really sucks that it feels like I’m starting all over, lol.

And I understand Beezy knows what’s up. My reply was actually meant to defend him, haha, I just did a bad job at getting my point across and for that, Beezy, I sincerely apologize.

I need to clarify that when I said “Nobody is going to buy your Peak because of how it plays” I didn’t mean for it to sound like “Nobody is going to buy your Peak………because of how it plays”. lol. I just mean that the person that buys a Peak doesn’t buy it for performance, they buy it for the sheer fact that it’s a collectors piece. And the only reason I even said that is because one of Beezy’s reasons for his asking price was because they’re smoother and play better than other run Peaks.

But yeah, I believe that it’s totally fine for someone to ask whatever amount of money they want for something. That is their God given right. Beezy- I completely understand where you’re coming from when you say that the price you’re asking is what it would take for you to part with it and you’d just rather keep it for anything lower. I’ve owned several in the past. I had a really nice 28s 2nd run in mint condition back when they were demanding hella money and I have to say, I sold it for a lot more money than what you’re asking for yours.

Anyway, I just wanted to clear that up and Good luck with your sale Beezy, have a great night bro.

2 Likes

Bump with price drops. Grail gone, Peak and Creep still available.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.