Your Favorite FHZ Setup - NEW ICY FHZ pg10

I do have a FHZ that has brass weight rings that accepts the cap… it’s my most prized FHZ :stuck_out_tongue:

So, weight rings have been mentioned, and the picture of those rings looks pretty interesting. SkyHigh mentioned O-rings, and I’ve already asked this, but where would I find a set of rings to add some weight to my FHZ? The stock FHZ is too light, in my opinion.

Would I be able to find some metal rings to fit in my throw at Home Depot or something similar? Perhaps o-rings if not the metal rings? Or even both.

Any thoughts?

Don’t think you can buy any metal ones, but you can try to message RiceRocket. He sold me a few sets of the orings for pretty cheap.

You can try looking in hardware stores, but none of mine had them. I tried ace, lowes, home depot. Menards, and some mom n pop shops. Didn’t find jack.

If memory serves me right the size is “Size 325”. But just try messaging ricerocket.

Also they’re going to add like 6 grams so i hope your throw finger is ready lol.

I like the amount of weight the light up tech adds to the fhz, that’s why i put them in so many throws

Well, I don’t mind the extra weight. It’s only about two grams heavier than what the Pulse tech adds.

I really enjoy my Light Up FHZ, but I want to add a little extra weight to the regular FHZ without sacrificing the extra weight of my Light Up FHZ.

Do the mod spacers add a significant amount of weight? I’m looking to get a set this weekend.

Mod spacers + weight rings are interesting. I can do over 100 boimg e boings on it lol

I think the mod spacers add 6 grams.

freehand vader…those that were around back in the day - know what’s up :slight_smile:

mgodinez

cloudy…

Here’s my newest creation… And my new favorite FHZ
Watch till the end for the “twist”  ;D

Genius!

Huh, pretty darn awesome if I do say so myself.

So “COOL”  8)

Thats nice. I like the color when it is spinning.

Thanks!

It’s so icy! (Like the gucci mane song)

Hmmm
From your videos and now that you mention Gucci you sure listen to a lot of hip hop.

Hahaha, it’s my Pandora station.

Don’t be fooled though, I like a lot of genres. Especially Black Metal! But yeah, rap makes me yoyo like a beast, so that’s what I tend to have on

But what do you think about the FHZ?

Wow that really is awesome. The lights make the glow in the dark body to give off light after it’s done spinning.

I like your fhz, nice glow. Mine is all rainbowy and trippy.
Just did the mod spacer thing. Used the spacers from the pro z because my axel wasn’t long to use the wider spacers. I wonder if the pulse lights are making it vibe.

I have about 7 ‘spaced out’ FHZ’s, and the accessories to make 3 more… I find that sometimes they’ll vibe immediately after assembly, it’s just a matter of unassembling and reassembling the spacers (plastic & metal) and it usually goes away. Just gotta make sure everything is tight, but don’t overtighten either.

Now, as for the light up parts… I find they actually add stability by adding more weight towards the outsides of the yoyo. In many cases they actually make it a little smoother. At any rate, I prefer an FHZ WITH light up parts, regardless if it has mod spacers or not. Interesting, no?

As for the axle. You need to buy the “Offstring Spacers”. Ditch the actual plastic 4 hole response spacers that they come with. Use the 35mm axle, and METAL spacers that also come with it. The 35mm axle is what you need, and the METAL spacers included in the offstring kit will give you the -perfect- gap with your MOD spacers. The METAL spacers included in the Mod Spacer kit (or with Pro-Z) work, but they don’t make the gap as wide as it could be.

I’ve messed around with this a lot lol

With the setup on pg 1, is the FHZ unresponsive? And can you silicone it, or do you need to recess it? I may get an FHZ, but I just want to know how it’ll work.

All of this FHZ talk makes me want to buy a new A bearing for my FHZ and throw it some more. Too bad the bearing broke…

It’s completely unresponsive. It has a pad recess.