Your Favorite FHZ Setup - NEW ICY FHZ pg10

Exciting to know resin casting does in fact work. :smiley:

Also, what is schmooved? I’ve heard it a few times, never could figure it out.

Wow…

I was telling everyone I was going to cast some FHZ’s… and everyone kept giving me little comments that basically kept me from actually doing it… basically being really pessimistic towards it… like there wasn’t a snowballs chance it would work. :confused:

Maybe I’ll still follow through?

edit: But yeah, Ed, you have a nice Zero collection!

Can’t wait to put some pulse tech inside an Enyo!!!

Only serious issue I’d see with casting a yoyo is planning the two halves of the mold. Besides that it’s just another cast really. I’m definitely trying this summer, give me some validity into perhaps casting my own designs. Would be cheaper to try modding on replicas also… Hmmm. :wink:

yeah…

I was going to cast some Mod Spacers, so I could get them in whatever color I wanted… Then I got to thinking about doing a whole FHZ… then I got to thinking about doing FHZ + Mod Spacer into one piece…

I want to make a SUPER chunky glittery FHZ… lol…

Well, I messed around with all the spacers I own, and the sili filled Offstring Spacers.

All the spacers, except the ones that come with either the Mod/Offstring Spacer make the gap waaay too big. So big infact that you can’t screw the yoyo together.

So I tried with the spacers it was intended to be used with, and the gap was quite narrow. The sili worked, but the binds weren’t tight.

Throw putting sili in the 4 holes out the window. Not worth it.

I ordered over 200 LEDs, various colors, brightnesses, angles. I think I ordered 30-40 Slow Color Change LEDs if anyone wants to convert their Light Up to slow rainbow fade, which IMO looks significantly better.

I also have lots of Light Up technology on the way, thanks to everyone whose helped out… will make it a lot easier to experiment with.

I plan on doing lots of different experimenting with the LEDs…

-Two LEDs per half is pretty fun. There is a groove cut out of the bottom of the LED ‘board’, which is good for housing the second LED. Also makes the two LEDs align pretty well when spinning. This can make for some pretty fun color mixing… call it an “electric fade”

• Figuring out what angles look best. LEDs have lots of options, the “viewing angle” can be narrow or wide, which messes with the brightness of the LED itself. The stock LED has a viewing angle of 30 degrees. I got various flavors of 23-30, 30, 42-50, 55-65, stuff like that. So I’m expecting a much more illuminated FHZ with the wider angles. I’m thinkin I can get a Day Glow FHZ to glow perfectly, as in… you can’t see the LED really, but the whole body just glows perfectly.

• I’m going to figure out which colors look best, and which colors make Transluscent FHZs really pop. I got many different shades (wavelengths) of each color. Can you picture a clear FHZ that becomes an Electric Bape color-theme?

• Opaque FHZ’s with clear caps. Positioning the LED’s to shine out of the caps for a cool effect.

• And most interestingly, IMO… cutting a groove within the “guts” of the FHZ so that an LED can shine through the response area. This might sound very, very dumb to you. But if you position an LED into the actual body of the FHZ, poking out flush where the response pad is… Then you install Clear Mod Spacers onto the FHZ, you can very effectively light up the Mod Spacers, for an electric dual tone per half. Four color FHZ

I got lots of ideas, and I have no problem sharing. I hope someone else out there gets as fascinated with Light Ups as me.

I play my FHZ with a cleaned center track, and one duncan silicone sticker. It plays unresponsive and has nice tight binds

Peep game…

1 Like

Mine is a deep sticker recessed fhz done by takeshi. Love that yoyo. I have almost loved it to death infact.

Thats a beautiful yoyo

1 Like

Thanks yomagic, I’m sure you already know what type it is… but for anyone whose wondering, it’s a yoyoguy x birdinhand x spingear Purple Intrigue.

You guys should tell me your favorite FHZ you have!!

I’m so jealous of the one with Higby dinosaur caps.

I agree.

Don’t hate me for this, but I tend to typically dislike Higby’s art. But that Dinosaur FHZ looks great!!!

Second in Command:

Man I wish my toy r us sells fhz but all they have is fh1 or fh2

Gosh me too man!! That would be WONDERFUL. I’m surprised they don’t sell Light Up FHZ’s…

I really wish they sold Blind packs of Caps. Like, $10 for three sets of random caps. Like, opaque ones, translucent and glitter ones, special ones. That would be sooo cool, they could have “special edition” caps that have increased rarity.

Like, 1 out of every 500 packs could have Chrome caps. That would be pretty sweet.

So do the FHZs wobble a lot with the spacers?

1 Like

No

Here ya go yoyospirit… hopefully this answers your question…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5U3EKmpFzw0

So, I personally don’t have a FHZ, but would all of you recommend one? And what do you think would be a pretty good set up?

I imagine just a silicone recess would be good enough to make it dead unresponsive, right?

I don’t know, I only own Duncan fixed axles, so I have no idea. What would you recommend?