You wake up one day and your collection is gone... you're starting from scratch. Which yoyos are you picking up first?

If I ever have the excess funds, I’ll ask if I can commission you to candyblast all of my yoyos, and my car, and the siding of my house, and my mailbox.

2 Likes

Too funny!

couple no jives. an eH when one comes up. but it really doesn’t matter.
5 months into a 1-woodie year, i feel so distanced from my collection. i recommend it, if only for the perspective it offers.

13 Likes

Node, extra bearings and pads, and done. Same reason, easily available, and plays as well as anything I’ve ever played. A little heavier than some, but stable, not too slow or fast.

3 Likes

Valhalla
Mongoose
Respawn lite

7 Likes

YWETs
Parlays
MMCs
Deep States
Freehands
No Jives
Butterflies
Bolts
Sherpas
Moonshines
Weekenders
Peaks
TMBRs

But to be honest I would play the first thing I could get my hands on.

8 Likes

Probably a butterfly xt since I can hit a local walmart/target and pick one up immediately

8 Likes

this sounds somewhat biased…

:joy:

i mean, they’re excellent choices but perhaps a little biased.

kgb

1 Like

cosmo-kramer-seinfeld

For me… FD Rooster, CLYW Chief, CLYW Akita, GWAY Daredevil are the first to come to mind. YYF IQ is making a run to become a personal favorite, but admittedly still honeymooning.

6 Likes

Hi everyone!
It is an interesting approach… I would buy these yoyo again:
-Grasshopper GTX: it is the yoyo with more performance that I have, long spin times, long combos (I play it more than my Draupnir;)
-Furn:I don’t know what this yoyo has, but I couldn’t live without it, pure fun in a compact size!!!
-Ti Vayder: For having an affordable titanium, I like the sound and it plays very well.
-Mk 1 Contact: A great full sized organic at a ridiculous price, (I could live without my Grail:)
-A fixed wooden shaft,(a KNack or EH;)
Greetings!

7 Likes

I mean I’m not going to start my collection off with stuff that isn’t already one of the favorites in my currently collection

2 Likes

i know bud. i was just playing.

you make great throws. probably towards the top of most lists.

kgb

3 Likes

Definitely picking up another supernova,galaxy diver, adlib, and flashback, and a mono metal to daily drive. The yoyos i find absolutely necessary changes every few days and there’s so much stuff that i wanna try that i don’t know if id ever end up picking a lot of the stuff i already own back up beyond what i listed above. I love familiarity as a starting point because it gives me something to base off of.

4 Likes

I’d probably get:

YYF Dogma <— Most versatile

Throwing Sideways Parthenon <— Super Comfy

Throwing Sideways PWR House <— Just Awesome

Yomega Glide <— Best Beater

Maybe an OD Aitch or Terrarian??? Whichever was on the BST at the time.

2 Likes

Butterfly xt, like someone said above. I can get one at target and it would hold me over till everything shipped.
RBC. Still stocked and it would be my first purchase.
Freehand AL is a pretty safe purchase
Then I would just wait out the bst for a maple Pockeht and a Weekender

4 Likes

For me I’d mainly pick back up a couple plastic Freehand One’s, and a MK1/Spinworthy RBC. That’s pretty much what I’ve been using the most in my collection, so as long as I have those I’d be perfectly fine. Maybe look for some other nice responsives or fixies that I don’t have currently, just to change things up!

Maybe after that I’d think about adding a TopYo Mojo and a FH1AL for my unresponsive fix, but that wouldn’t have any priority in my current mindset.

OR, maybe I throw that plan out the window and just use that as an excuse to design and produce my own yoyo, haha!

6 Likes

An Atmos x rso gravity, painted G2 life, and an Atmos Ari. Enough variability there to cover any playstyle I could want

5 Likes

I have a lot of really fantastic yoyo’s. I say that to emphasize just how good the yoyo I’d hunt down first is.

Hydrangea Lisianthus. It is unstoppable. Plus it’s stainless steel so it just feels like it’s going to last forever.

4 Likes

I bet a full sized stainless steel in that shape is powerful

Id probably do roughly the same thing I did ~3 years ago when I got into the hobby and just start over again buying yoyos I think I would like. Albeit with a much keener eye for specific likes/dislikes.

Id have to cover a few bases outside of general 1A throws, so id probably get in contact with Glen (Spinworthy) and hopefully have him spin me up a white oak KNack. Gotta have me a wood fixie, and this would be all id need. At the moment; I might want more in the future since atm id still go after some new wood if it appealed to me, but id wait patiently. Id also get a pair of Loop 720s even though I suck at looping, but ill die trying sometime.

As for 1A, id probably start quick and browse the YYE page for current releases to get my hands on a yoyo asap (id spot that the 5050 is sold out and sigh). Oh well, I can still get my hands on a raw blast Metavity, MK1 Exia, Ministar 2, Sugar High, FTY 138, Edge 2022, Nobumecha, RBC, Boy, Ti Krown, Freehand One Ti, etc. So no problems at all. So id pick up an RBC, 138, Edge 2022, and a Metavity, and be good for a while until I work enough OT to justify another yoyo.

5 Likes