Yomega Raider Ex Responsiveness Help

Hi,

I am learning looping tricks right now and I went old school and got a yomega Raider. However, my yoyo is not very responsive at all. I have experimented with all the spacers and even applied Duncan’s looping lube, nothing worked. This is a brand new yoyo, only played it for about a week. I must be doing something wrong because every online video of 2A pro using the yoyo look mighty responsive. Can someone please help me with the issue?

Thanks!

Is it possible that the string is slipping too much on the bearing? Try double-looping the string around the bearing which will help it to kind of “cinch” down when tension is put on the string.

Ivan

1 Like

Thanks Ivan. I will try that! What kind of strings are recommended for looping tricks? I just used the string that it came with and it does look and feel kind of thin.

I have a raider and it lost responsiveness after awhile, and I am sill trying to repair it.

Double looping the string makes it unable to sleep when using two of the thinnest spacers. Then when I went one size up on the spacer, it sleeps a little too easy. Looks like I would either need to get the right string or the right spacer.

1 Like

Hi piano_man19. Are you using fat string? Let me know what your settings are like. Thanks.

I am using thick twisted stringz, and everything else is exactly the same as it came out of the package, except I put a few drops of thick lube in the bearing.

1 Like

I use type 8 50/50 cotton/poly string, 100% cotton works well too. Those are my goto strings for raiders and all loopers. Using the light blue and light green spacers. When applying lube make sure you lube the axle as well as the bearing. In fact that is what the Yomega directions show, or at least used to. As noted double looping helps. Try to mix and match the spacers - not both the same color.

Thanks! The EX version doesn’t come with green spacers. But I experimented with mixed color spacers and finally found one that worked. Thanks for the string suggestions!

Thanks for sharing! I’m going to get a set of fat strings.

Both of mine did…
IMG_5647_v1