Yomega Lightbeam

YOMEGA
LIGHTBEAM

Hi, everybody here at Yoyoexpert! I am a new intermediate yoyoer. I have been yo-yoing for 1 week. I have a Lightbeam and an Ooch Yo, both Yomega. Haters gonna hate Yomega. I don’t care. Now, enough about me; more about the Lightbeam!

SPECS:

Diameter: 60.34 mm / 2.37 inches
Width: 36.27 mm / 1.43 inches
Gap Width: 2.89 mm / .11 inches
Weight: 63.2 grams
Bearing Size: Yomega Standard Bearing
Response: Yomega Rubber Response STARBURST

These are the Lightbeam’s stats. Yoyoexpert has the response system incorrect. The measures speak for themselves.

Performance: Cold Hard Fact with a bit of Preference too

Where do I start? How about outside in?

Aesthetics: The lights are dazzling! Plastic is a beautiful translucent blue (or red or yellow) color.

10/10 Exceeded Expectations. No flaws.

Spacers, Bearing, and Axel: The spacers get stuck 50% of the time, the other times they fall out a bit too easily. The bearing is good, but not amazing. Mine is messed up because of the spacers. The axle is sturdy.

4/10 Could easily be better. Not worth price.

Response: Starburst is such a pain. WAY TOO SLIPPY FOR A BEGINNING PLAYER, DOES NOT CATCH ON BINDS.

3/10 Very disappointing. Returns 20% of the time, binds 50% of the time.

String: Yomega style Slick 6. I like it, but there’s better.

7.5/10 No obvious flaw. Better options, though.

1a Play: I can not land string tricks with this most of the time.

4/10 Sort of to be expected.

2a Play: 2a is looping, right? I hope so. Overall good performance.

7.5/10 Not bad. In fact, pretty good. Better options, though.

Sleep times: It can return after 10 seconds with a good through. Overall average.

4/10 Nothing amazing.

Durability: I have chipped it and messed up the light on one side with just a few bumps. Okay, and one sorta big “bump.”

4/10 Be careful.

Overall: Alright. Math lesson. Add up the scores- 45/80. | 801.25=100 | 451.25=56.25/100 | 56.25/100=5.625/10----> 5.5/10

Score: 5.5/10

A pretty average yoyo. A crowd pleaser, but not much of a user pleaser. Aesthetics save this yoyo from the trash.

Questions about the yoyo or review or me?
Comments about the yoyo or review or me?
I’ll be happy to listen!

See ya!

If it’s slippy and hard to bind, then why is it good for 2A?