Yomega Fireball

Just looking for opinions on this yoyo. The reason I am asking is I have been learning looping on my nonindependent hand, (left). I did a review of the Duncan Imperial however, when I purchased a second one I found quality inconsistency. One was very different from the other. I turned to my Duncan Proyo. I have managed to wear out the axle, and finding replacements is ridiculous. I also don’t believe they are produced any longer. Some online dealers have stock, but I can see problems with getting them in the future.
The Yomega Fireball is currently produced. So getting emplacement parts or such things shouldn’t be a problem.
What does anyone think of this as a looping yoyo?
Are there any differences between vintage 90’s and currently produced yoyos?
I ask because I can get them for less on that famous bidding site.
I’m sorry I don’t want any suggestions for bearing looping yoyos. I just don’t like the way they play, and I don’t want to fool around with lube, spacers, and that stuff.

1 Like

I found that the stock gap was too wide on the Fireball to loop well. Apparently people mod it for looping play though I’m pretty sure that involves replacing the guts with Raider parts (with a bearing).

Yoyofactory has a transaxle looper design available here:

The GO! translucent orange, LED, or Black cat variants are loopers.

I’ve been learning on these since I loaned my Loop 720s to other people.

4 Likes

When I was learning looping I tried a Fireball and did not like it much. It felt slippy and the trans axle gave me an unpredictable response. I tried double and triple looping the axle too. I think it’s personal taste. Some people love it for looping. Without trying it you’ll never know either way.

1 Like

I have a couple and they’re ok loopers but I much prefer the raider. That said, I actually prefer the BC Spitfire you have in your signature for just plain fun. Can’t say anything about any differences between current and older versions The ones I have are lat 1990s vintage. (btw - I have an extensive collection of BC yoyos so wearing them out is not an issue for me.)

1 Like

After I posted this I took out my BC natural. I only have one so when I’m ready I’ll need to find 2. I do have some new in package spitfires put away in orange and black and red. I have it set in my head I should have 2 different colors for 2 hand looping. I miss the rainbows that broke at the axle. I also have a pair of old spitfires. Maybe I could bid on one of the white and blue ones I see often.
Also I am glad to find someone that likes BC and doesn’t just lump them together with Tom Kuhn.
And now my start worrying about banging up beautiful wood when my looping goes toward the center and I bang the yo on my big cowboy belt buckle LOL.
Also what do you think of the Apollo for 1a? I never had one.

I had an Apollo, gave it to a friend. I liked it ok but it was a bit on the heavy side to me. All of the BC laminates feel heavy to me.

Have you played the Yoyofactory Go?

I have 4 of them, all orange. One of them rattles a bit during sleepers, but the other three are great. And they all loop.

1 Like