Yomega Fireball falls and dies

I’m relatively new to yo-yoing and have been learning looping tricks with a Yomega Fireball and Brain. Sometimes, after doing 2-3 loops, the Fireball string just doesn’t wind up with very much tension and just falls to the ground on the next throw. Why does this happen?

I’ve used both 50/50 strings and 100% cotton and have changed them regularly. I’ve also made sure to keep the axle lubed with Vaseline.

Keep it well lubed. With a transaxle fireball you need to do it almost daily. Also make sure the string doesn’t untwist too much.

1 Like

The switch to 100% polyester strings is the key. I’ve played with the Fireball for a while today with no problems.

Ya the fireball is kind of a cheap yoyo if u are ready for a pretty good one u like the 1080 sorry i forgot which brand it is but i love it for looping. It comes with a key to adjust the gap for the sensitivity and its only $23.

I already owned many fireballs to say this, try to compress both yoyo halves into each other so the gap if the yoyo is a bit narrower. That should add response, but you may need to shorten the string to compensate the downward looping tendency with narrow gap.
Otherwise just add lube and you’re fine.

1 Like

You can also double loop the string when putting it on the yoyo. I think that’s a very common practice with the Fireball. Adds an extra bit of response for the wind and the throw.

1 Like

As I recall that’s the way Yomega recommends attaching the string to a transaxle yoyo.

1 Like