Yo-yoing Pronunciation Questions

I disagree! When I last talked to Philip Jenkins, who runs toilet circle, he called G two yoyos. I don’t know? @G2_Jake ?

1 Like

It could be that Jake finds both Gee-two and Gee-squared acceptable pronunciations. :thinking:

1 Like

Both good. I use both as well.

8 Likes

Is that the museum pedestal icon?

3 Likes

Irony here.

3 Likes

Yoyofficer…is it pronounced as “Yoyo Officer” or “Yo Yofficer”?

6 Likes

…or yoyo fficer? Haha I always say yoyo officer in my head but now idk

3 Likes

Haha, cant argue with that. Sorry that you arent nerdy enough to acknowledge your own brand though :laughing:

why do some people say skiiva???

it literally has the work ‘sky’ in it. SKYVA

3 Likes

4 Likes

He’s… Kind of right about the Draup tho…

DRAO-PNIHR

The Sleipnir on the other hand is a liiiiittle off…

It’s more like SLEEip-NEER

1 Like

In old Norse tongues, the ei dipthong was pronounced like eye. And it still is in the Scandanavian countries that have ties to old Norse culture.

2 Likes

Well, Norse is not my native tongue, so I’ll believe you.

1 Like

Also; Begleri is not pronounced b’ Glare-ee

A Greek guy posted up on Reddit that the correct pronunciation focuses the emphasis on the second syllable. Beg-LE(lee)-ri(ree).

Oh well🤓

3 Likes

Correct as always.

Also, for those interested, the “g” in begleri is not pronounced as “gee.” The word is written like this in Greek: μπεγλέρι. Instead of the “g,” there’s the voiced velar fricative, “γ” (if that helps with understanding how to pronounce it), which is no longer used in English. It did, however, exist in the past (Old English).

And everyone’s asleep…

2 Likes

Good one.

Hahahaha…

b’GLARE-ee (where emphasis is quite obviously on the second syllable) is the best approximation of the Greek pronunciation in the American English idiom. If you want to try and sound like a Greek native when you say begleri, by all means do so. But I’m not going to insist on it when it comes to American speakers.

1 Like

Agreed. Nobody nowadays ever expects Americans to do or say things correctly.

They fully count on us to sound as ignorant as the average American is expected to sound.

As opposed to other Countries; where people will stay up all night going over and over word pronunciations until you can’t even hear their accent.

Here in the States; who cares? Start with low expectations just keep rolling…

2 Likes

Lol ya you tell him how he should refer to the company he built single-handedly.

I think the accepted vernacular is d-bag. (dEE-bag)