Yo-yo yo-yo time to go

What is the easiest way to put a yo-yo string on to make it easier for me when I put this one it took me whole but I got there

I decided to do it this way felt like it was easy for me is screw the yo-yo part time a not put it on the bearing then screw it on

1 Like

Unscrewing a yoyo just to change a string is not adviseable. You can strip the axle threads AND it’s MORE work than just opening a loop at the end of the string.

2 Likes

So if I did it this way will it work instead of screwing the yo-yo just keep it together so if I keep twisting the yo-yo to the side then pull it to get the hole make the hole bigger to fit over the top of the yo-yo then twist the bottom of the string then wrap it up to start yoyoying

Ps if I do it this way will it work

1 Like

How to Put a String on a Yoyo and Adjust it for Play - YouTube

Try this.

1 Like

Another video…

==========

Stringing Your Yo-Yo

Depending upon the type of yo-yo, you will need to put from one to three loops around the axle of the yo-yo.

You should never take a yo-yo apart to string it. This could result in the string getting caught and cut in the axle threading when you screw it back together.

A yo-yo string is simply one long string folded in half and twisted up. Remove the old string by untwisting it until you can slip the yo-yo out.Open a loop large enough to slip over the yo-yo.Keep tension on the string while retwisting it. To put one loop on a yo-yo, untwist the new string at the bottom (the end without the knot) until you have opened up a loop large enough to slip over the yo-yo. Slip this loop over the yo-yo and into the string gap. Now allow the string to retwist while keeping tension on it to avoid kinks, and you’re done!

For two loops , start with one loop but continue to hold the string open after slipping it into the string gap. Give it a one-half twist and slip the loop over the yo-yo again. For three loops , give it one more half-twist and slip it over the yo-yo again. Retwist the string after you have installed the proper number of loops.Follow the steps for three loops.

Stringing Guidelines

This should give you an idea how many loops to put on your yo-yo. If you’re not sure, start with one loop and add more until your yo-yo both sleeps and comes back easily.

• All fixed axle yo-yos: One loop. Two are preferred by some for looping, and three can be used for very young children so the yo-yo doesn’t sleep, making it easier to get it back to the hand.
  • Nylon transaxle yo-yos, such as the Yomega Brain: Three loops; two for more advanced players.
  • Roller bearing yo-yos: One or two loops.
  • Yo-yos with an adjustable string gap: Usually one loop, sometimes two.
4 Likes