Yo-yo stands, small individual - suggestions?

I put up a couple cabinet jobbies today for yhe kiddo and i, and i’m looking for some stands to put inside the slots. I’ve seen some on here before, and the search has not produced results. You folks have a couple suggestions? Pics for reference…

Thank you kindly peeps!!!

8 Likes

where did you get these cabinets?

1 Like

they were a christmas present from my wife, lol… they are bamboo tea boxes, which she obtained from a known rainforest sized retailer, at a very fair price. they are quite nice… i may do some subtle back lighting to make them pop a bit… or just hope my repurposing will remain adequate

7 Likes

cool bro.

2 Likes

Can you post a picture with a yoyo in one of the slots so we can have a better idea of how much space there is?

Never mind, I’m blind. The one to the right of the tv has yos inside. I’ll pm you with an idea…

3 Likes

Hmm, I thought these were still available, but they’re sold out.

How many stands do you need? I have 16 of these and I’m only using 3 right now. You can have a few just for the cost of shipping if you don’t find something else.

2 Likes

So cool of you. It’s always so awesome when I see people reaching out to others wanting to help out like this! :heart: :heart: :heart:

2 Likes

thank you @ryanmcg!! bit taller than what i need for the cabinets… would be great for shelves and bookcases… i appreciate the info bud! this is a great place to keep it earmarked…

2 Likes

I got a bunch of acrylic tea organizer as a display but the bamboo is really nice.

3 Likes

I have one of these on my desk at work and one on my bookcase as my ‘On-Deck’ stand. Would probably fit in the squares there. If you go to thingiverse and search yoyo stand you’ll find a couple other examples that I cannot couch for.

3 Likes

i think they range $12-$14

@adamantiumpops, i would need access to a digital printer i’m guessing?

1 Like

PMd.

1 Like

all, i ended up just cutting out small pieces of spongy drawer liner. know the yos won’t roll, which was my main concern… now my kiddo and i can just grab and throw… at least these ones… i’ll end up popping a few more of these up i think

7 Likes

Sweet, might have to do the same with my yo-yo display shelves.

3 Likes

the slots were 3.25” square, so i cut the mats 2.5” square. enough to position the mats if i wanted to, as well as the yoyo… makes facing and grabbing them a snap!

4 Likes

I am copying this idea. Will work in my honey comb display aswell.

3 Likes

originally - since my wife is a teacher - i was looking for some sort of cloth or something rooting through her supplies, and she could not find the burlap, which i thought would fit the motif well. she saw that on the shelf and asked about that instead… bing, bang, boom! wife has a patent pending :wink:

4 Likes

haha what a great idea! I’m so going to do this with my yos in my cases!!

1 Like

does your kid throw?

2 Likes

yes. he credits himself with ‘getting me back into it”

2 Likes