Yo-yo lube recommendations

Do you guys have any lube recommendations? I need to get some lube but I do not know which one!

yyf thin lube for spin and thick lube for looping work pretty good. Also for a heavier lube for looping and 0A, try traxxis silicone lube.

i dont use lube at all for unresponsive, i used to use thin lube but anything over the tiniest pin prick worth of lube made the yoyo just responsive enough to bind on some elements.

responsive yoyos I use super lube 51010/51014 (same lube different package) Synthetic Oil with Syncolon® (PTFE) - 51014 Oiler (Bulk) (super-lube.com)

4 Likes

I like yoyojam thin lube. Been using it for 7 years now. 1 bottle last a long time.

2 Likes

Gorillius Lubricus Is my favorite for really quieting a yoyo down, OD V4M for anything where i prefer spin time.

pin needle drop amount is perfect

1 Like

I use whatever the cheap thin lube from YYE is, I forgot the name but it’s in a clear bottle with green text.

Over the bottle’s lifetime, only about 20% of the oil will make it to your bearings with the rest being dripped onto your cleaning mat or wiped off your pin as excess so don’t sweat the branding. :grin:

Ivan

2 Likes

Seconding this. The V4M lube from OneDrop also comes with a needle so putting a pin drop amount is super easy.

Also, if you want to experiment with graphite lube, you can try YYF’s dark matter lube.

1 Like

I took the needle into the kitchen to get a drop of olive oil to gently touch the top of the bearing ball, making my Dale as silky as milk.