Yo things that make me uncomfortable

• Yoyoing with people within a 5 ft radius of me
  • Low ceilings
  • Missing trapeze repeatedly despite it being literally one of the simplest tricks
  • People wanting to throw my yo. Despite the fact that yo should be shared, if people don’t know how to yo I get nervous with my baby in their hands
  • Fluorescent lights

What are some other yo-phobias (yobias?) that you have developed?

7 Likes

If I had a nickel for every time I let someone use my yoyo, told them to be careful and informed them of string length, and then had them immediately throw it so it hit the floor… I’d probably have about ¢25.

11 Likes

Not even enough to repay for the yo

1 Like

putting my yoyo in the pocket with keys on accident

8 Likes

Ceiling fans.

8 Likes

tile and concrete floors, and staying away from kids coz they ask you for a walk the dog if you chance to play with a metal yoyo :rofl:

2 Likes

I thought the ceiling fan mount was a trick. :joy:

4 Likes

I never get used to all the paparazzi and groupies.

11 Likes

Barely enough to replace the string! Lol

1 Like

Easy fix is to have a dedicated “key pocket yoyo” that way theres no risk of putting nice yos in with keys lol

2 Likes

Ooh also does anyone get performance anxiety and perform more poorly when others are around?

6 Likes

I think raw yos are born to fill that role

3 Likes

Getting cat-called is an uncomfortable situation lol

Whenever friends of family come over and I get called to the living room to “show off” is usually not a great experience.

11 Likes

Can definitely agree with people within 5ft radius when yoyoing. Some how the people are more confident with my yoyo control than I am.

Here’s my top 10 :
#1 Having the yoyo fly off the string because the string was cheap and broke or because of low string tension (I always use high end string now).
#2. Tile Floors/concrete
#3. Dinging a yoyo (especially on expensive and irreplaceable throws)
#4 losing control of the yoyo and having it hit a hard surface Introducing vibe.
#5 Showing a yoyo trick but can’t because people are too close.
#6 Having other yoyoers tell me I shouldn’t mind dings on yoyos because “its a toy and is meant to be dinged”
#7 Learning a new trick on youtube and need focus on a part of the trick but need to rewind the video to get to the part of the video I need to watch but can’t because my hands are currently in a yoyo mount and need to simultaneously use the tiny remote to go back to the part that teaches a trick (often times I just restart a trick
#8 having the yoyo run out of spin or tilt in a complex mount when learning tricks
#9 Ceilings with glass light fixtures (guess what happened when I was using my yomega raider)
#10 People being more impressed with walk the dog than every other yoyo trick I have been doing.

6 Likes

I understand this. It’s usually in the most in opportune times too. Like when I’m tryna jam some Fortnite or something haha

2 Likes

People like me binding more than me hitting the Kwijibo and it confuses me greatly

1 Like

I guess, while 2 hand looping and trying to pull off Fountain between the Chandeliers at the Lamps R Us Store…… not knowing if the Security guards have anything more painful than rubber bullets or Bear spray> that makes me feel Uncomfortable.

2 Likes

If they do just use the yoyo as a garrote and choke them with the super thin string. Because yoyos are totally practical as weapons

1 Like

I feel like there is more to the story. Why were the security guards worried about your 2a yoyoing?

1 Like

Depleted uranium yoyo. He may also be a war criminal who decided to make a yoyo out of atomic materials