Yeti!

I got one from the first drop it should come today :slight_smile: cant wait

Personally I think the “sighting” type releases were more “fun”. I enjoy the mystery box release every year, and the injected spontaneity is a big part of it.

How’s your yeti?

I got my Yeti today. It plays like a beast.

(pun intended)

I got both my yetis today too. The yeti is now my favorite plastic. This was the first time I have ever thrown a CLYW; I am thoroughly impressed. I guess this means I am going to have to empty my wallet and get one of their metal yoyos.

Like a beast?

Is it a hungry beast?

I have a purple on the way. I’m still waiting though, cause USPS is trippin’. :frowning: I always wanted a stock purple Yeti. I already had grey, blue, and a custom dyed Welch’s Grape Yeti. Purple will fit right in.

Lucky…

Yeti is love. Glad to see they finally released a batch of them.

I got a blue one. It was supposed to come today but it didn’t. :’(

That sucks. I feel for you man. I’ve had packages delayed before, and it ain’t fun.

I recieved my blue one today and my purple one yesterday i am loving the feel of them definitely different than anything i own

Another day has passed, and my yeti still hasn’t come. Usually when I order from Yoyoexpert at the beginning of the week, it arrives by Friday. Very disappointed :’(

The one I ordered at night said the shipping label was printed and that was it, doesn’t show it ever made its way to the Post Office. Maybe just behind b/c of the Vegas contest.

The struggle when your throw doesn’t come when you expect it :’( . I know the feel haha

I picked up 2 Yetis on the previous release. I opened up the grey I got and I really like it. The other is a backup. Mine does eat strings but its a flaw to love. I don’t plan to sell either, they are staying in the collection :slight_smile:

with in how long does it eat up the string is it right away how do we know if we have this problem?

give it some play, after a short session, you will notice some fraying on the string around the catch zone. It’s not immediate but it cuts the strings lifespan in half. I used some fine grit sand paper with a little water on it and no longer have the issue.

Also be weary of taking it apart too often and over tightening. Bearing seat is very weak and cups can be easy to strip.

Thankfully my yetis haven’t eaten any strings. :smiley:
I guess I got lucky.

I’ve done everything that most people would avoid doing with their Yeti, for starters opening it up. I had to do some sanding as my string was starting to fray (problem fixed). Also noticed some grittiness and responsiveness in my bearing so I removed the bearing from the spacers to clean it. Again I had no problems with the spacers. After assembly, the yeti still played just as good as it did out of the box.