Yakuza versus Mafia yoyo battles

That may be, however it is yet to be countered.

True. I will give Hippo 24 hours if he does not come up with a video by then, itā€™s a win for the Mafia.

I think that you should just judge the video on who put on a better show. As for my video, Iā€™m getting a camera from a friend tomorrow.

1 Like

Ahhh!

Who would win if it was up to you?

You can PM the personā€¦ If itā€™s meā€¦ Oh yeah or if itā€™s Kei :stuck_out_tongue:

Anticipation!

personally I say nemyo, not cause hes the Mafia but because of those sweet arm tricks and that amazing tangler type thing.

My video is up! Sorry for the horrible qualityā€¦ you canā€™t see the chopstick tricks very well.

WOAH! good job!

1 Like

I apologize for the terrible quality. I plan on using a friendā€™s video camera next time, as I have an idea for another challengeā€¦

1 Like

2A battles.

Trick Contests.

one throw kind of thing?

okay, I need a person to compete with. My specialty is grind/stall tricks and Making up silly stuff for one throws. I need a mafia member who wants to go against me, one to see how far I have come, and Two, see if I really am ready for comp. thanks to whoever takes my challenge, may the best man win! Of course, that being whoever isnā€™t in the mafia (lol, Just kidding.) Again, I would appreciate it a lot.

Why not just individual battle threads with titles indicating its a mafia vs yakuza battle? Then poll it like usual. I have no doubt the gang members would judge fairly. You guys could even use clan tag style prefixes on usernames.

Anyone else second the individual thread?

Sounds good to me.

This opens it up to the community true but i think they would vote for their teammates and if anything the rest of the community might pick their favorite person. This leaves it too open to a popularity vote then actual talent. Let me study the videos cuz i was asked to be one of the judges and then if you dont like the WAY I judge then you can make poll votes. Or get a different judge but im pretty bias on this and am looking forā€¦

utilization of time
How many tricks overall
Difficulty of tricks
Flow
Speed
Control
And as a tie breaker ā€¦theme ( music or quality of video )

5A Nemyo (Mafia) vs. 5A Kei (Yakuza)

Time - Both put up a little over 30sec of play on the board. Nemyo put up 36 seconds from his throw as Kei put up 32 seconds from his throw. Nemyo was trying to get in the most he could in a little time frame and was little rushed as Kei definitely didnā€™t looked rushed. It didnā€™t help Nemyo to put his yoyo on the string over his arm and took to long. (Verdict - Kei)

Tricks - Nemyo put in 5 more tricks overall then Kei did. (Verdict - Nemyo)

Difficulty - Nemyo had a lot of pinwheels and gyros and arms and Kei had a lot a big swings and flips and wheels. Nemyos was more technical while Kei was more swing. Swing has its advantages because staying in the gap isnā€™t easy either. Nemyo did cover that though in th e beginning of his video and moved on as Kei just moved on to more swings. (Verdict -Nemyo)

Flow - Nemyo did have quite a bit of flow as one trick preceeded into another and so did Kei. The part that stood out to me that broke the camel was when kei let it swing to the side and then went in the other direction and some tricks looked like they repeated themselves. Nemyo slowed too as he put the yoyo onto the string over his arm. This one is tuff! (Verdict - Nemyo)

Speed - Kei was fast with the big swings as Nemyo was with most of his wheels and lindys but not his arm tricks. (Verdict - Kei)

Control - There was massive amounts of control from both these guys. Neither missed there tricks. Keiā€™s big swings went right into th e gap and Nemyoā€™s inside outside action while wheeling the back end was sick. In the end though I feel that when Nemyo slowed to a stall to put the yoyo on the string over his arm, its the one trick that hurt him really bad. Need to speed it up. (Verdict - Kei)

Theme - Nemyos quality was a little better to me in video but Kei had music and a cut strip. Both were done out back. Kei seamed like he had plenty of room and wasnā€™t worried about how big he got but Nemyo looked he was on a back porch with the railing right next to him. This making tricks harder to do in a confined space. Maybe thats why he couldnā€™t go as big as Kei. I did like the buildings better then the brick wall. More color to look at while both gave amazing visability to the yoyo and string. (Verdict - Nemyo)

Overall - Nemyo

Thank you Ghost8982 for your comprehensive and impartial judging of these two ā€œyo-yo gangstersā€. Congratulations to Nemyo and the mafia for their victory.

Mafia: 1

I wouldnā€™t get too cocky just yet there M.Dev1. The jury is still out in your battle with Hippo Samurai.