WTT a very fine Wooden Duncan Satellite for a Wooden Duncan Butterfly of the same era

I collect Butterflies and always wanted an original Wooden duncan butterfly. I’ve decided to offer this great Satellite up to possibly trade for one. I tried my best with pictures but if anyone wants more or additional angles let me know and I’ll try my best.

The yoyo is great. The cosmetic damage is limited to 2 spots. The smaller spot is definitely a scratch. The largest spot could be a ding however the paint basecoat is still present and the topographical attributes suggest it may have been a manufacturing defect like tacky paint kissing a drying shelf or package material. I’m not an expert so I tried to photograph it as best I could.

The axle is very minty for its age. The original string was knotted around the axle several times over. When I finally released it, I was pleased to find a nearly unused axle. I imagine someone threw it a few times, knotted up, and never touched it again.

The logo is pretty complete. The “i” in Satellite is the most notable exception. It appears left off in production rather than worn off.

If you have a Wooden duncan butterfly from the same era and would like to trade,send me some pictures and perhaps we can make a deal. Interested in trading within the USA only at this time, but may become open to international trades in the future. Thanks for looking amd happy yoing.

10 Likes

Bump

Bump

Bump

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.