WTB OG Draupnir

Looking for an OG Draupnir in matte color and near mint condition. I’ve been looking since January and haven’t had any luck…

It feels like I’ve seen others find one in less time. Not sure what I’m doing wrong, but hopefully this time is different?!

2 Likes

Maybe @TheSliverKing can hook you up

1 Like

Thanks for looking out!

1 Like

Welp

Going for the world record of longest time spent looking for a Draupnir. Let’s go!

2 Likes

For this to be a world record, I actually have to buy one at the end. C’mon yoyo fam!

You guys are taking this world record attempt way too seriously.

Do these still exist in the wild?

1 Like

I think the matte ones are all hoarded, and the gloss/raw all recently got scooped up.

2 Likes

Especially the ones in good condition it seems. A dreamer can dream…

1 Like

did you get any offers of ones not in good condition?

I was hoping that Yoyorecreation might re-release a special 10 year anniversary special edition. Sadly; that date has come and passed. I wish they would make another run - at any price-point.

3 Likes

See unpopular opinions lengthy discussion on yoyo companies not giving people what they want lol

3 Likes

@YoyoGeezer I have been hoping for the same. The demand seems to be there.

@Flint When I joined this forum… maybe before I joined actually it was intriguing reading through ALL of the Ti Vayder Experience… I’m glad there was a happy ending.

It feels like common practice for some businesses (in general… not just yoyo companies) to not give customers what they want… for different reasons. Those reasons are valid to someone out there. My opinions don’t invalidate anyones beliefs.

@Mep If I come across any Draupnirs I’ll continue to let you know. But you gotta be quick if one pops up :ninja:

2 Likes

Those are 100% fakes, which should not be encouraged for purchase here.

1 Like

…. That leads me to a question> Has anyone or ‘everyone’ contacted Yoyorecreation specifically to let them know they would seriously be interested in buying at least 1… maybe even 2, if they were to make up another batch?

I remember waaay back when I was a kid, before most of your parents were even born….my parents use to tell us, ‘Santa isn’t a mind reader. If you really want something, you have to write him a letter and tell him. ‘We’ will mail the letter for you, lol.

Of course, that was all made up, but it did hold true as a way to let your want(s) to be known to the source.

Now, the good news, Yoyorecreation, unlike Santa, is actually exists and is nowhere even close to the North Pole.

But, for the time being, let’s think of YYR as a sort of a ‘For-Profit’ Company.

Let’s ‘all’(including me) contact YYR and we, on the Forum, have been conversing about Draupnirs. And the general consensus seems to indicate we are very interested in buying Draupnirs.

Sometimes, for profit Company’s are actually inspired to crank out more of a specific item, if there is a high probibility it can generate Capital.

It’s too easy to: wish… hope… bank on… hold your breath and dream… just count on them being mind readers… pretend you might get lucky, etc.

The direct approach from different towns… different States… different Countries… Area 51…. Wherever…. May actually wake them up and aim them in the right direction to hook us up.

Sure couldn’t hurt…

I am going to contact them right now… Send them a message.

PS…. I just contacted them with a request for more Draupnirs.

3 Likes

sadly this is their answer…
unless they downplayed us just to have a surprise drop in worlds osaka but who knows. :person_shrugging:

1 Like

I think Yoyorecreation could help OneDrop crack the bi-metal market with the First-Draupnir-From-Oregon (FDFO). This could be a premium Draupnir (read: $$$). It would appeal to both those that want an OG Draupnir as well as the many OneDrop customers/collectors/fans.

7 Likes

I like it @da5id and would buy it $$$

2 Likes

That’s an interesting idea! Although YYR doesn’t seem too keen to make Draupnirs and OD doesn’t seem too keen to make bimetals. It sounds incredibly hard to pull off between two companies in different countries, but boy would that be cool.