WTB OG Draupnir

Any OG Draupnirs out there in good condition? I guess the only way to tame the hype is to try the hype.

@suspense do you have any left for our friend?

4 Likes

Prob mixed me up with someone, I’ve never owned any sort of Draupnir <3 sorry!

3 Likes

Oops. My bad. I meant to ping @yoyoscene They may have a Draupnir.

4 Likes

OG Draupnir is very nice. At the time when it came up it must have been outstanding, because even now it is as good as the top of the top.
Ask @crash . But the one he has available is a special edition, so not cheap.

4 Likes

Thanks so much for looking out! Haven’t hit the jackpot yet, but still looking…

Doctor doctor, am I getting warmer. Looking for so long, oh this is just torture. Santa santa, I’ve been waiting for ya. This year I wish for… a Draupnir for a pauper!

1 Like

Welp

@crash 's Draupnir is at my place, for logistics reasons. Can you buy it from him, so I can recover the garage space ?? I’m going to end up charging him yoyo renting space. Thanks -

3 Likes

Crash’s Draupnir is at an incredible price at $325. It’s totally worth it. I sold my Mt. Fuji for $550 and I regret selling it

2 Likes

Lol, lots of reasons to buy from crash! I only held back because it’s my first Draupnir and I really wanted one in good condition. The engraving is beautiful but a little too worn. Also I’d like to get one to properly play with, so don’t necessarily need special edition… or do I? :joy:

I wouldn’t be surprised if the markings on the engravings could be cleaned off since they are etched into the metal. That being said, I understand your apprehension to purchase a special edition since each of the handful of different Draupnir’s I’ve owned felt like they were so smooth spinning that it was really hard to tell if they were. They all felt like they had a built in motor keeping them going so it would really depend on how crash’s Draupnir feels and you couldn’t know that until you tried it. Good luck with your search because they are extremely well made. if you can find one that’s been treated good then you should get it

1 Like

Trust me I checked! I would’ve been all over it if there was something I could do to get it to near mint condition. I appreciate it though. Good to hear that you had an amazing experience with Draupnir. Incredible price you sold it for and still wanting another!

Haha the yo-yo itself is in perfect condition, it’s the engraving which is a bit worn!

2 Likes

The drop is near…?

Hypothetical Question: Would you consider getting a new one if yyr decided to release a 10th anniversary edition of draupnir even if its not made in japan?

1 Like

Nope

2 Likes

or what if they change it back to their old manufacturing shop in japan, still a no?

I’d be interested if the design stays the same, or as close as possible. I’d love something similar to the 5th anniversary one.

Same here, glad they also made it for the sleipnir before as a titanium version (seventh heaven).

1 Like