Would you eat PagPag to save up for a yoyo?

I would not but know the feeling all to well!

I spend a fair amount of time in Asia so I can’t confirm that I haven’t already eaten this.

1 Like

My familiy says it looked gross until the man plated it. They were like yumm, but from the fill they were grossed out!

1 Like

I try not to make a judgment on anything when I’m over there. I pretty much look at it like this - if they’re eating it and enjoying it and it’s providing them sustenance, who am I to call it taboo and weird? I only have one rule, someone else has to eat it first, that way it isn’t just a joke on the white guy. At this point in my life, there’s not much I won’t eat.

That said, I’d probably draw the line at landfill meat.

When I was a kid; I remember when we used to ride our bikes down along the Waterfront. The hobos used to make up what they called Mulligan stew.

Several hobos would head out in various directions. And they would bring back whatever they could find that seemed edible. The sources were not really talked about… Just bring back stuff to put in the pot😳

That was a long, long time ago. I’m guessing that for hundreds of years, all over the World; various Countries have a certain percentage of folks that are willing to eat most anything; when the other option is eating nothing?

Starving is a horrible thing. But because I am not starving; I would not line up for Pagpag unless I was moments from certain death.

I have no doubt that the people cooking Pagpag; cook it soo long; the only thing
That could survive the heat would be Titanium termites.

1 Like

People consume worse stuff everyday like Starbucks and Mc’Donald’s(most fastfood) without ever really thinking about it. If I was younger I would have 100% tried it, but like RidinSpinners says you go first.

Yeah, that’s my only rule. And I don’t even mind someone else not going first, as long as it’s something I know is regularly consumed. Balut is a good example of this.

1 Like

I’d eat Balut for a yoyo. It is consider a Delicacy as where landfill meat is not. The only real difference being that Balut looks like the landfill meat before it is cleaned and cooked.

Yeah and there’s a pretty large mental barrier for most people to get over.

I’ll be back in Asia in a few weeks, leaving 4 weeks from today, as a matter of fact. God only knows what types of crap I’ll end up eating this time.

1 Like

What don’t kill you only makes you stronger!

Or incapacitates you for three days, confined to the hotel room, praying to whatever deity you believe in while doing irreparable damage to your intestines and the wallpaper.

I do tell my wife that there’s nothing that can stop me anymore. Between the various wild beers I drink, my homemade fermentables, and the crap I eat in Asia, I’m positive my gut can handle anything.

1 Like

Do you like/make mead?

Yep, I make it!

1 Like

I heard Sirens singing when I saw this! Yum!