Will we ever see a bi-metal One Drop?

Will we ever see a Bi-metal Onedrop? I know they are very costly to machine, especially in the US and you guys have been offered before by a Chinese manufacturer; but this is something you guys have tested before. I know Onedrop isn’t a competition driven company. However it would be very cool. So is this something that you guys have any plans for in the future? -Thanks for reading, love you guys!

7 Likes

Figured this would be asked :slight_smile:

A few years ago we made some prototypes. We have our own ideas about how to solve some of the production issues that bi-metals have but it turns out to be too much work and the price would be too high. Given how many are available out there, it just doesn’t seem worth it to us. We also aren’t really feeling the passion to do it and are rather focusing on doing what we do best. This year we are trying to push our designs to the “weird” side of things. The Par Avion is the experiment is big. We have a super wide we are working on as well.

9 Likes

Yeah that makes sense. Just imagine though, a Onedrop bi-metal with the pyramatte finish

Good thing this isn’t my ama :wink:

1 Like