Will it STEM? Freshly Dirty Stem Review

Ive been doing a lot of 3d printing with the Stem system but never thought of doing it like this untill after I saw this thread. Some really cool ideas in here. So I thought I would try it with the aoda little. Yes it will stem. No you should not do it. :joy:

10 Likes

This also applies to the undersized models. The custom reactor with a thin bearing makes for a great modern responsive.

13 Likes

Not to mentionā€¦ those Customs just look super cool like that!!

4 Likes

I need to get a reactor and chain reactor at some point before customer sells them all.

I got my axl collection finished but never went for the undersized models

2 Likes

They do look amazing. It always makes me happy to see Customs yoyos being discussed. My first ā€œniceā€ throw was Custom Mag that I got from a Mall Cart. Brings back great memories.

Now, slightly off topic, but I need a Ti Axl Elite to happenā€¦

3 Likes

That would be epic. Only way custom would do it is if someone was willing to do the design work and order a batch to sell and just use them for machining and even then probably would have to use a different name.

Like they arenā€™t gonna say no to money and an order that meets their minimum and is willing to pay the machining cost but it wonā€™t be cheapā€¦

At the same time it didnā€™t sound like they are in the business of really doing YoYo stuff anymore directly. Itā€™s just dead stock for them.

3 Likes

@Knarknar confirms that the Proyo Ace will STEM. (Did Custom manufacture those? I know they manufactured the Cold Fusion parts, so Iā€™d assume?)

4 Likes

Will it stem? Yes but will it spin? :joy:

14 Likes

Can someone try the a stem on a mini banshee? If not i may have to order and testā€¦ :rofl:

STEM Shells

https://www.instagram.com/p/C_a3q81OzJ2/

@Saltman360

11 Likes

Howā€™d ya manage that!? Thatā€™s sick!

1 Like

Here the ace 1 this little guy rips now! Itā€™s a modern spr mod is what it feels like

IMG_4427|375x500

6 Likes

It IS doable with a longer axleā€¦lips cause a problem though, haha!

7 Likes

Yeah if thereā€™s a lip itā€™s a no go.

1 Like

What is the point of putting stem kits into modern unresponsive yoyos?

Make it wider

Or

Cause we can

3 Likes

I think thereā€™s two potentials.
#1 - You can make it wider for a little easier string catch or just because
#2 - You ever want to play a Bear Trap with an A sized bearing in it? Nowā€™s your chance!

Thought of one more

If you pop a D-Bearing kit on a Stale Bread, did you just make a Moldy Bread?

5 Likes

I appreciate the attenpt but thats a mini coveyā€¦ :joy: mini banshee is a C bearing, thats why Im curious to see if the stem fits. Thing would probably be so good with an a bearing :thinking:

2 Likes

Youuuuuu, are correct! Haha, grabbed the wrong one, whoops.
The Mini Banshee does look to still have a tad bit of a lip on it unfortunately (grabbed the right one this time, lol).
Almost though!

3 Likes

I believe that only the C kit truly works with existing non-stem yoyos.

Here are the a, c, and d seats next to each other. In the a and d kits, the bearing actually sits on the stem itself, whereas the c seat has a secondary ring for the bearing to rest on.

EDIT: Of course, if you could make some axle sleevesā€¦

1 Like