Will it STEM? Freshly Dirty Stem Review

What length size axle did you use? 16mm?

1 Like

The hub is very cracked. Without the stem it vibes like mad and the bearing slips. It stem seems to make it happy

3 Likes

I’ll have to measure it I have no idea it’s whatever is the longest in my stash o parts

1 Like

Heck yeah. At least you can still get some use out of it.

1 Like

So y’all ready for this?

Stupid amount of vibe sadly in imperial config

14 Likes

What about Pagoda? That’s my favorite config for No-Jives, haha. :slight_smile:

3 Likes
5 Likes

Slapped together a quick video just to give you that answer

If I had different hardware (bolt and nut) I could probably tune it a bit but I’m slapping these together while on an all hands meeting I have no interest in

3 Likes

Haha, I still dig it! Thank you sir!

1 Like

Bonus for today. The extra super wide. The extra is in how bad it is. The wobble is exactly as terrible as you would expect

Sadly my dreams of a wide pocket rocket won’t be realized it won’t stem…

Tomorrow I have a classic to show off

10 Likes

The Toonie?!

Kind of! The a-sized bearing really seems to need the stem axle to stay centered and clear of the seat. It’s fixed axle/frozen bearing like this.

I would try my d kit, but I spent a lot of time getting the Dahlia re-tuned after swapping it in.

What’s that?

Surely you aren’t suggesting…

11 Likes

Brilliant. Made my think well why not a mobile gamer

It’s now like it’s big brothers.

13 Likes

Y’all are welcome to tell me to stop.

For now enjoy a really good one.

We got that yoyojam dark magic with freshly dirty stems and it’s a player.

@AndreBoulay DM3 when?

Bonus:

Custom axle elite. The axle is long enough this just works as is and it works really really well.

@Saltman360 @arthurfoley

14 Likes

Oh, no. You keep 'em coming! I’m hoping to have a window this weekend to get one done.

2 Likes

If I have time this weekend I’m gonna dig through my IT junk and make a funky will it stem but life’s been busy and the tote is deep in the back of the garage. (Safe from the wife’s purge lol)

4 Likes

Here are some that don’t stem out of the box, but would with a longer axle or bolt:

FHZ

3yo3 Bassline, Ceephax, Ceephax, Omnicron, Omnicron X:

The plastics are hand turned so some might not work as well. See how the dyed ceephax only has just enough wall for the bearing to sit on, while the pen blank one has plenty of breathing room.

The bearing is floating on the lower o-ring a little on the Omni-X, but it should screw up tight. You can see me applying a little pressure on top of each Ceephax to avoid that issue.

I really want to get the stem set up properly on that Bassline. I think it looks fantastic.

6 Likes

Inspired by @Captrogers

A few YYJ that will stem “stock.”

Big Ben (Big Vibe)

Journey

Mini Mo-Trix (Best of the three. I’m surprised at how well this one worked!)

(Sadly, the seats will not sit flush on a Lyn Fury.)

9 Likes

This is awesome. I love all of these. It’s so cool how these just fit right in super easily. Others have made similar things but this is the best rendition I think so far in a time where lots of older yo-yos could use an upgrade and have sentimental value to the owner.

4 Likes

All the custom products axl line stem and the play awesome

8 Likes

12 Likes