Will it STEM? Freshly Dirty Stem Review

Let the games begin!!

I’ll be taking a “only wrong answers” approach.

9 Likes

So I don’t have the tools to do this but I wanted to buy a couple 2” stone bowls and make them into a yo-yo, this stem system would be perfect for that project

16 Likes

My brother wants to make YoYo out of rocks. It would be heavy but he seems sincere about the desire to do it. Those look sick I’m excited to see how they turn out

5 Likes

Definitely would be heavy but I think it would be so cool!

1 Like

These look dangerously exciting!

1 Like

I need a diamond bit of the correct diameter and access to a drill press, and I need to figure out the response, probably like friction stickers of some sort for the “prototype”
Edit: never mind about response, I forgot the STEM system has that covered :call_me_hand: these may be happening sooner than I thought

2 Likes

So your saying we need a Midwest fixed axle event to work on some wood and other material

4 Likes

BYOM, Bring Your Own Material.
Just a bunch of random stuff people can try to turn into yoyos!

4 Likes

If I could get a few of these made I’d send them out as a pif, I just don’t have money for parts and whatnot yet unfortunately

1 Like

That’s a great idea

3 Likes

@Saltman360 may have suggested this first in the fixed axle server I’m just an enabler trying to poke the idea further :wink:

1 Like

What about orange halves for more of that “organic” yo-yo feel?

7 Likes

Not intended use (silly thing to say in this thread)…

The Aoda Snow Fox, which has a very high wall and a very long axle, STEMs without *modification.

*(I don’t think it makes a difference in terms of the STEM seats sitting on the halves, but I did grind down the posts for a narrow bearing, which is where it got those scuffs.)

10 Likes

Bonus:

It’s not quite as flush because of the tapered gap, but I was also able to do this with the Slim Jim after borrowing the axle off the Snow Fox. Putting the o-rings on the bearing seat (on the yoyo) helps to keep the STEM seats centered and minimize vibe.

(Hopefully I’m not the only one who was wondering how well this sort of thing could work!)

7 Likes

@arthurfoley SPR mod

1 Like

The workhorse will stem

11 Likes

Not gonna lie, that looks awesome, haha!

2 Likes

I need some Stem kits!

1 Like

No one asked but yes el Mijo can stem

13 Likes

You fixed it? Or does it only work because of the stem?

2 Likes