Why would you spend that much on a yoyo?!?!

the people in this forum are amazing.
everyone can take the right action to make more people understand what yoyoing is, including the price of our yoyos.

almost all people have at least one hobby. and almost all of them are willing to spend money to satisfy them self.
and almost all, again almost all hobbyist won’t be very dependent on money.

IMO the analogy thing almost work every time.

you know, some super rich people will be very happy to spend big bucks on some cuisine that made by very famous chef. even though the thing will be digest within two hours and be useless next morning. . .
no offence. . .

So true. Before I was really into yoyos I played a lot of video games, now it’s been 3 weeks and I haven’t played once. :stuck_out_tongue:

You spend 50 bucks more on jeans with pre-cut holes in them?

Its mah money, shuddup and let me yoyo…

hmmmm, that’s very convincing to read and will definitely answer the question. not

Hey look it’s this thread again, now with examples.

People are shocked by yoyo costs because it has always been a 5 dollar toy for them.

haha i should add that to the list.

haha jump nice job.

yoyofan, made good point. Plus guitars are a lot more than metal and wire, in fact, there not even much metal. Plus, gibson les pauls are hand made. And Q, i’m pretty sure jimmi hendrix spent more than 2000 on his guitar, there are plenty of guitars that cost more than $10,000. I saw an EVH guitar replica (it actually played, it wasn’t a waz copy) for… i belive it was $46,000, it has a pickup torn out, and had dimes glued to under the vibrato bar… but i must admit, other than that it looks spiffy. I’ll probly never get a les paul though, maybe an epiphone someday though…

Hendrix played a Fender Strat, not a really expensive guitar compared to most. He didn’t play some EVH custom guitar, or anything like that so that example was Rubbish :stuck_out_tongue: He played the Strat 'cause it was cheap, he grew up poor and didn’t want to throw 3000 dollars on a guitar, but it just so happened that Fender is a fairly cheap manufacter, especially then. So he played a strat BECAUSE it was cheap. And then he upgraded to Srtat Deluxes and whatnots.

Trust me, I’ve been playing gor 4 years, don’t try me bro. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 years for me, yah, pwnge, of course you do have the benifit of being older. I’m not really tuned in to which guitars he used, or stuff like that (i mostly just play, i don’t keep track of which guitars are good half as much as i keep track of which yoyos are good), and i know he didn’t use the EVH guitar, that was just an example of an expensive guitar, the only star i know that used the frankinstein (i belive thats what it’s called) was eddie himself.

Wolfgang is what he called it.

He had two, the wolfgang and the einstein, i was talking about the einstein. Personally i like the paint job on the einstein better, even though i think steve vai’s is more qualified to be called the einstein.

I hate to continue the insanely off topic discussion… But I just can’t resist this time :stuck_out_tongue:

But yes, I believe the red one was called the Frankenstein (or sometimes Frankenstrat) for obvious reasons. And the reason why it’s so incredibly expensive is because it’s constructed to the exact specifications and condition of Eddie’s actual guitar. He even said himself that he couldn’t even tell the difference. They nailed everything down to the cat hair in the pickup!

The Wolfgang was a completely different guitar made by Peavey.

And M^2, Les Pauls are awesome (not my exact favorite though). I’d definitely recommend you save for a Gibson over an Epiphone any day.

Moral of the story is: the Hendrix analogy fails ;D

ok… all was trying to say was that there are a lot of $10,000+guitars out there, go on guitar center and they’ll smack you in the face. but as an example to hendrix, i guess you could say it failed.

True. The guitar analogy undoubtedly shines in this case, just not the person chose to exemplify it.

In short, when people don’t know about something, (especially something that’s “a toy”)“It must be cheap for such a simple ‘toy…’”. Besides, 95% of non-throwers are still stuck in the “brain” period :-\