Why was this 2018 worlds video of Evan Nagao blocked?!?!?!

2 Likes

what is this post

1 Like

WMG filed a copyright infringement on the music.
WMG ==> Warner Music Group ==> big guns in the copyright arena

4 Likes

then blame yoyovideoarchive for being greedy, not questioning.

1 Like

I don’t see how yoyovideoarchive has any blame here.

2 Likes

The music was copyrighted, so they muted it. :cry:

2 Likes

they take the blame because they can just let wmg monetize their videos instead of muting it.

3 Likes

My guess is they don’t have the $$ to take on Warner Music.

1 Like

Is this just becaues Evan used Freebird in his routine?

1 Like

Quite probably. Music is generally the only reason to take these down.

3 Likes

Interesting.

The thing is, it was used in a contest performance, and it wasn’t even the entire song. When music is used for, say, ice skating or gymnastic floor routine competitions, I don’t see YouTube rushing to take videos of those competition performances down because of the music used by the performers. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

That music is often licensed for use in those competitions.
I would also argue fair use, as the entire song is not used, but YouTube algorithms don’t really care about fair use. Was also more likely to get noticed as it racked up a good number of views (almost a million I think) compared to the few thousand views on some of the other videos that didn’t have an issue.

2 Likes

I guess it’s time for WYYC competitors to start licensing their music! :wink:

1 Like

WMG stole then had removed my second yoyo video after I would not let them monitize it. They don’t even own the rights to the music I used. I asked them for proof of copyright ownership, and they didn’t. They do how ever have a contract struck up with the YouTube platform so that they can claim what ever and never have consequence for it. You got to watch out for these hidden contracts! Here is the link:

1 Like

Few songs embody “that era” like white rabbit

1 Like

thats because to use copyrighted music properly, or anything copyrighted of that matter, you need the owners permission to be able to use it.

2 Likes

What about fair use? Come on, where do we draw the lines?

well, technically, for all we know, evan could have used his freestyle music completely with permission from warner, but it was only taken down because it was on yoyovideoarchive’s channel, which didnt ask warner.

1 Like

also, yoyovideoarchive could just abide the rules of copyright, and remove monetization

1 Like

Bro, your wrong!

1 Like