Why so quiet about the OD Down Beat?

I’ve been buying 1 One Drop a month. While researching my next purchase I happened upon the Down Beat. … … … Hmmmm. Never heard of that one. Did a YouTube search, nothing but the One Drop promo video from 5 years ago. No reviews at all. … … … Searched the forums here. There was a release post 5 years ago and a few good responses, and then, nothing. No one is talking about the yoyo which is not a good sign, and no one is selling them on BST which is a good sign. 5 years of almost total silence on this yoyo. What is the story?

3 Likes

The Down Beat is an amazing yoyo! It is a standout in its extreme stability and power while creating the chill experience of an organic. It is much heavier than most YoYos produced today, but does not feel dense in play. It will likely not be something you yearn to throw daily, but deserves a unique place in any collection.

4 Likes

@Yoyo_Garden care to chime in?

1 Like

I have one for sale. Black (w/ white stripe). Has one tiny blemish (hard to see on black) on each outer rim. Silver ultra-lite side effects. No box. PM me if interested!

I love the downbeat. I carried mine for alimost a year straight and beat it up, yet it still plays smooth. It’s heavy in specs and you can feel the weight on the string but it’s not a slug at all. For an organic, it is very stable and long spinning due to the mass. Like every OD the machining is top notch and the side effects are always a fun addition. I would highly recommend the downbeat if you want a nice organic. And the wide gaps allows you to try new strings and also new tricks without it snagging while you are perfecting an element.

2 Likes

Love my Downbeat. Got it off the BST for cheap and it’s got itself a permanent spot in my collection. I can’t add anything that hasn’t been stated already.

Honestly, I wouldn’t take people not talking about it as a bad sign. Coming out in 2015, I wonder if it just kinda missed the rush of yoyo YouTubers. And the vast majority of One Drops don’t really get much chatter outside of their launch window. This is a small community and there are a LOT of yoyos coming out every month; there are tons of really great throws that just get buried. The fact that there aren’t too many of these bouncing around the BSTs is probably a good sign.

Edited to remove several honestly’s because I honestly say honestly too much. Honestly.

1 Like