Why is the Chico Titanium Bulldog $330?

Check out the prices of good quality Ti (non-fracture type) at online metals. Expensive stuff. And it eats cheap tooling.

Ti plays fantastically well though. I got the opportunity to throw a tiwalker a while ago, and it was just amazing. I would definitely buy one if vsnyc decided to make more, which they’re not gonna. I’ll just have to watch the b/s/t I suppose

I do not think it is Ti itself that makes the Ti Walker play so well. It is the design genius that is VSNYC. When Heath designed the Ti Walker everyone assumed it would just be a Ti version of the amazingly successful Aluminium Skwalker. But Heath realized that because of the different properties between Ti and Al, the shape and weight distribution would need to be tweaked. It is the tweak that makes the Ti Walker the sought-after yoyo that it is. If it were simply a re-hash of the Skywalker in Titanium - I think it would be a pig. The slight changes to the shape are the essence of the Ti Walker - a completely new yoyo that is wonderful to say the least.

Manufacturers that just make a Ti edition of their Aluminum shape are doing Ti a disservice. The shape that worked for Aluminium may not work so well with Ti. Did Chico tweak the shape of the Ti bulldog? Judging from my visual comparison with my AL Bulldog - they did not. That either means that the Bulldog’s original shape is just as amazing with Ti as it is with AL - or Chico did not do any R&D on this design - just production in Ti.

1 Like

I got to play with a ti bulldog (a friend of mine has 2, numbers 8 and 10!) and it was awesome! It played leagues better than the original bulldog and most other yoyos I’ve played with too! I don’t like most undersized yoyos and I still loved it!

1 Like