why don't yoyojams sell?

my black DM2 and HEX ARE 2 THROWS I ADORE and highly recommend

:smiley:

I played a diamondback this weeked, awesome. I usually hate heavy throws, but lots of the weight is centered and not too rim-focused, made a great floaty experience, first yoyo over 66 grams I have enjoyed in a good while. It looked awesome also, the shiny metal rims and diamond pattern really set it off.

The only yyj i have ever tried is the dark magic 2. Im not big on companies that manufacture cheaply and try to sell to the masses. Same with yyf, its just too cheesy for me. Not to say they dont have good deals on yoyos, its just not my style i guess. I like USA and Canada made throws that are made with a different sense of mind, and it really shows through in the quality of those throws and the way that they play on a string!!!

I have 4 YYJ’s in my collection and I plan to get others. DMII is my favorite of all my yoyo’s.

They sell very well, however they are not exclusive enough for a lot of the community. I mean how can you be all awesome if your yoyo isn’t rare and hard to find? <— sarcastic. For those people they need their throws to be rare and what not or they just don’t play well, its kinda’ like the racing stripes add horse power thing, in cars.

1 Like

Maybe this means YYJ is a yoyo for adults.

I agree. The only YYJ I would buy is a DiamondBack. Im glad that they’re now going away from the cheesy comic style graphics.

That is a grossly broad generalization. Its not that they’re not exclusive. YYF isn’t exclusive but I would buy it over YYJ. Its that they look mass produced. Theres not a whole lot of creativity imo within the YYJ lineup.

Typed up this whole post, then realized i said basically the same thing months ago in this thread, but oh well, at least i’m consistent. This time with pictures!

The new version of the Diamondback looks amazing, as does the HEX and some of their other newer offerings. Their biggest problem imo was that their design/graphics/engraving/package never really evolved from the 90’s. The fonts they used honestly were just offensive on the eyes, the Titan series in particular was a gorgeous amazing yoyo, but wow did someone goof with that engraving.

What frustrates me most is that i know they can make a gorgeous yoyo. The Personalized Titanium Yoyo from the 2012 WYYC is without a doubt THE MOST beautiful yoyo i’ve ever seen.

Make these kinds of yoyos and they’ll sell like crazy.

Also the Alliance, which i hear great things about, even though it’s ugly, it’s very unique, but for some reason that never made it to the US. Seems like for a US company Japan and the rest of the world end up with the better yoyos. Or maybe international stores are just more aggressive when it comes to getting limited releases…

1 Like

The alliance never made it to store shelves. The shape made it uncomfortable to hold, it was just too “sharp”

1 Like

Then again the black YYJ inspire is a beautiful Yoyo as well the raining pattern on the plastic is such a pretty Yoyo like the diamondback.

Pretty sure these are going to sell. :wink:

Smart smart move for both companies. This literally puts a good, playable economy plastic in the hands of more players. (Assuming they use these models for retail deals in big name brick and mortar stores as well)