Why don't we rent out yoyos???

“absolutely ideal universe” I believe you mean a Utopia?

More like a Yotopia. Ba dum tish! Thank you, I’m here all week. XD

3 Likes

I work as a photographer for a place that has me travelling, a lot. After the way I treat rental cars, there is no way I would trust myself with a rental yoyo

i need to call enterprise and warn them…lol

Many of the Demo racquets you are referring to are supplied by the manufacturers for free or very inexpensively.

If you believe in multiverses, than it’s a whole other story…

Heck you guys are a bunch of Negative Nancys. Try being a Positive Pete.

I’ll rent out my yoyos! I’m sure I have some others would be interested in trying. Though I really like Studio’s suggestion of a deposit equal to the value of a yoyo. When the yoyo is return, the deposit is refunded - rental fee + possible deductions for damage, etc.

But yeah, I’d be down.

Please do this with me ._.

I’m pretty interested in doing temp trades/renting other peoples throws. Perhaps the advent of a contract+fax machines could help the process along a lot. I think another issue is you can’t care how your yo-yos look at all. I think the rule should be you only buy the yo-yo (They keep the deposit and you get the yo-yo you rented.) if you damage it in a way that impacts the play. Scratches should be avoided, perhaps if you add some number of new scratches you also buy it. But I don’t think you should be forced to buy a yo-yo for one or two new scratches. Those just happen to every yo-yo as they get played.

I do think people should only do this with the throws they don’t love. I certainly have a few throws I wouldn’t hate losing.

This is a risky thing. The best way to do it would be I take a card number and charge based on the damage made to the yoyo (if any) and if you get it back.

Although I made this thread about 4 months ago I still think it’s a good idea
:slight_smile:

I think one would have the same success renting cookies…

2 Likes