Why don’t string companies make all of their strings longer?

Then I have the older stuff, thanks!

Yeah so you’re lucky if it happens to come at exactly the right length for you but what about everyone else who buys that string? We just have to deal with too short because someone else doesn’t want to have to cut theirs?

That sounds snarkier than I meant but you see the point I’m trying to make

These topics are out of control

Are we gonna start asking for pads and bearings to be included. Na, I don’t like pads so include a tube of flowable with my yoyo. Better yet they should just include a whole extra yoyo in case I ding it!

7 Likes

YYE bulk poly is perfect. If anyone wants longer buy tall or from a boutique company that makes longer string.

2 Likes

Hey @MattB, thanks for being the only option for left hand inverse strings. I’m sure most lefties just use normal string and don’t even think twice about it, but having a string catered towards us is certainly nice.

3 Likes

Bro I’ve spent something like $2,000 on yoyos in the past two months, no one is asking for a free lunch here.

1 Like

What does spending $2000 on yoyos have to do with anything?

4 Likes

Nah dude, it’s cool. My reply is probably worse: I dont care about the other people who buy it. I don’t sell string, why should I care? Id probably not buy Ziplines if they were too short, but nope, just the right length. A lot of people agree, and that is probably why this length (whatever it is) is the standard. Sucks for you that your preferences go slightly longer, but at least you have other options.

2 Likes

Then what are you asking for?? I wish yoyos didn’t come with any string at all because this is too much. String and yoyos are very personal and everyone likes different brands and lengths (and shapes, and sizes, and bearings). It’s best to leave it up to the player to use the string they prefer. I think they’re all wasting their time including one string anyway. If it isn’t the kind I like I don’t even bother using it. This is literally a non issue for anyone that isn’t a beginner. Let alone someone who has an insane spending habit. If you’re buying hundreds of yoyos a month, maybe splurge on a box of string you like and be done with it

2 Likes

Well I felt he was implying that we are asking for free bonuses handouts, saying why not just ship yo-yos with free this and that.

This string length thing has nothing to do with money, it’s that there are several types of string that people who prefer longer string simply can’t use.

I’m not bragging about the money I’m saying it’s not about me saving money.

1 Like

I don’t think he’s asking for long strings to be included. He’s asking why strings in packs aren’t long enough.

1 Like

And you randomly bring up how much you spend on yoyos, to string makers it definitely has to do with money,. Supply meets demand and demand calls for supply, it’s simple as that.

You get significantly less control with longer string and the general opinion is it’s harder to make it look good as well. There’s only a certain amount of string you can wind around most regularly sized yoyos that actually properly grip the pads and generate spin when thrown, and most companies offer lengths with that in mind. A few err on the side of short, but that’s because they understand the majority do not require longer lengths and extra material is wasted cost.

What exactly are you so limited to by the current string length offered by most manufacurers? Are you innovating some kind of new style? I feel like many of these topics are just random suggestions with little capacity for input with actual meaning.

2 Likes

This topic is about string length. It’s not about how many strings you get with a new yoyo. That was a different topic.

3 Likes

Whaaat? I didn’t know there are left handed strings! Where do I get them?

2 Likes

Here on YYE. They are Type X Inverse and there are a few color options.

Haha your life is gonna get better

Oh man, I’m definitely getting some.

If indeed it is the exact length you want.

2 Likes

Oof :persevere:

1 Like

Glen - Thanks for trying to get this thread back on track.

One of the times I made string for a yoyo release, they wanted a loop and shorter. I imagine it was a workable length for the maker so he could test each one, as I believe the yoyo shipped with the string on.

1 Like