Why do you like your Emotion? Asking before I buy

Just looking for why people like it because apparently a lot of people do and I just want to see what exactly are the parts they like about their Emotion before I buy one.

3 Likes

Bump. I’m interested as well

2 Likes

Got mine yesterday so I only have a few hours playtime. Using it for 5A but the aspects I will mention also translate to 1A. Very stable with the beefy rims. Long spinning and great response no snag on under boing but returns on low speed risky bind (which is something I test with every new throw to gauge response). Beautiful fades (I got heart and smiley). Excellent grind finish. Wide gap easy to hit and super comfortable on catch. Highly recommend.

7 Likes

Thanks!

3 Likes

The Emotion reminded me alot of the Affinity so naturally I had to buy one. The beefy rims make it more stable, longer spinning, and it still has that smooth and easy return to your hand when binding. The only regret I have so far is not buying a second one so I can have one as a 5A beater.

4 Likes

Bias disclosure: I was provided all protos and production of the Emotion however I will try to keep that from effecting my evaluation of the design.

In terms of play the Emotion reminds me of the Monarch, which if you compare the profiles side by side you might see why. However the Emotion tends to lean on the side of control as opposed to the Monarchs maneuverability. Both pack plenty of power and stability, with the presentation of that power being less extreme on the Emotion, but not lacking in any way. To me the gap on the production Emotion is a little too large and I find a lot of my binds slipping with the included pads and a Kitty FC Normal string. When paired with a thicker string its solid. The finish is standard good quality without being anything overly “wow worthy”.

The design went through 3 prototyping phases to really get this production release as solid as could be. My only desire is for Dressel to release an outer rim bimetal version haha.

That being said I think its a solid design at a reasonable price that had a lot of effort put into it.

4 Likes

I do like powerful and stable yos a lot so this is a good sign for me

3 Likes

I am running Alphaline for the record - it’s my new standard

2 Likes

Whek you say power would you put it on the same scale as the YYR Valkyrie if you have thrown one? (If you haven’t, power-wise it feels like you are receiving a light punch even if you let it spin for a couple minutes then bind)

2 Likes

I have had the valk and I dont think anything really compares to that aside from the Danny You Dragonfang and some other hyper optimized bimetals (IE. Inevitable). For a mono-metal it does pack plenty punch but not enough to blow your arm off and again it’s well balanced between due to the added center weight present in the design.

4 Likes

That helps lots. I know the Valk is kinda like as high-power as you get but i was wondering how the two compare and that helped answer that

2 Likes

I can tell that the Emotion is going to be great for 5a. The Emotion has a nice balanced feel to it with good weight in the center and good amount of rim weight. The profile of the emotion reminds me of the yoshicuda but without the stainless steel rims.

Ideally I would put a bigger emphasis on the rim weight and I feel like if it had a bit more weight taken from the center and placed on the rims this would be the perfect yoyo for my yoyo style.

2 Likes

As a YoYo designer myself and being a big fan of @hobbygod, I can say with all honesty this YoYo is worth picking up, upon the first throw you can tell that there was a lot of thought effort and energy put into the YoYo, it’s a fantastic YoYo and I would highly recommend it.

6 Likes

I’m playing mine for the first time today and it reminds me a lot of the Summit. A bit airier. I’m super impressed!

I’m wondering about the center hub, I think it’s knurled. @hobbygod was that design intent?

Edit: a bit airier with a good amount of more spin

3 Likes

Not sure what you mean by knurled, don’t think it was intentional haha.

Appreciate all the love guys! It’s a really nice yoyo

3 Likes

Mine has a similar feeling. I assume that this is just a coincidence of how the shape of the hub emphasizes the overall surface texture. Its unlike any other yoyo I have.

1 Like

Concentric circles from the center out at a super tight spacing.

1 Like

It’s one clean arc on the CAD for the majority of it. The edge you could say is knurled though. Maybe it’s the finish

2 Likes

Emotion is probably in the top 3 of Dressel Designs offerings.

The things that really shine on this yoyo are the bind performance and the finger grinds, for me.
Binds are 100% predictable, satisfying as hell, and crispy. It is not snaggy at all. The yoyo moves fast and is glass smooth. Very good quality, very clean and comfortable design, and while it doesn’t spin for days, it is a formidable yoyo in terms of power.

For my fingers, the catch zone is perfect for grinds, which I enjoy doing. And it just feels really satisfying in the hand when you hold it. I am a very tactile person, so these things matter a lot to me.

It’s a solid purchase and honestly probably underpriced. It is a hard, 7075 aluminum and comes in some great finishes all for the same price.

5 Likes

Perfectly expressed. THOSE BINDS!

I’m playing kitty fat and it seems the perfect pairing.

1 Like