Why did my shutter wide angle bearing suddenly go loud and soft again?

While playing last night with my SWA yoyo the bearing suddenly got loud, than after 4 throws it got soft again,.is it just a bearing break through or must i lube it with a needle?

1 Like

If it gets loud again just lube put a little thin lube in it or clean it

1 Like

It’s the finest of debris or gunk that is floating around in there. Something gets trapped and then released. Cleaning or some thin lube should do it.

1 Like

I always recommend to have a can of computer duster on hand. You can put the bearing on the end of a pencil or a chopstick (I prefer a chopstick) and blow it out from time to time when it gets loud. Keeps from having to fully clean and lube it all the time.

3 Likes

I’ve found the same thing, but I’ve used an air compressor. If needed, put a drop of lube and then blow it out.

2 Likes

I’ve been thinking I should invest in one rather than buying all these cans. Might be worth it in the end.

2 Likes

An air compressor is cheaper in the long run and has lots of other excellent uses. You can also get far more powerful, sustained air blasts for cleaning out stubborn particles.

4 Likes

Sometimes bearings go thru a noisy phase. As long as its spinning well its fine. They will quieten after playing for a bit. Nothing to worry about