Why Bulk String?

Some really good points for using either one so far. Thank you for everyone who posted opinions. Im really not polarized towards one side or the other, just genuinely curious.

This post has me interested:

Are there people out there who like to just change to a fresh string frequently (like if you played for an hour or two, next time you throw you are changing to fresh)?

1 Like

I did that when I was still using bulk. I have no need for consistency at the level of a competitor, though most boutique I’ve used is consistent enough. When I was using Kitty Fat I’d actually toss the string after a longer session so I didn’t forget to lace up a fresh one the next time. Now I use straight nylon Slicc from BadWolfeCo and have only noticed fraying on one throw, so I have not replaced one yet.

(the one throw is the Kun. tears up anything I put on it. Going to put my one single String Theory [BigBang] string on it to see if it holds up any better)

1 Like

that badwolfe slicc lasts for freakin ever and feels really nice.

i personally love the feel and play of nylon but idk there’s something about it that i dont quite like and i cant really figure out why.

2 Likes

I prefer bulk (Kitty) because it’s consistent and it’s what I’m used to. I can throw one on any yoyo and now how it’s going to feel and play. It’s a reliable constant.

I also like boutique stuff, but I tend to save them for when I’m in the mood for something soft and chill or, due to their longevity, I might string one up if I’m going out or something and don’t want to have to worry about changing the string.

1 Like