Why are bimetals so popular now? Why does no company sell 5a yoyos?

Last I heard, OD doesn’t do bi-metals for the same reason that they don’t have concave bearings.
They respect the original patent owners.

The 5a thing is all Duncan. Last I heard on that (I think via Steve Brown) was that companies in the US can’t even sponsor 5a players with out issues.

He has a counter on FB that counts down to when the patent expires.

The irony here is that you capitalize random letters all the time :smiley:

Bi-metals are popular because of their performance - higher rim to center weight ratio = longer spin times, and who doesn’t like that?

AFAIK, OD doesn’t make rim-weighted yoyos because they either have no desire to, or because they’d have to license them in regards to YYJ’s patent (apparently there’s a loophole, though I’m not inclined enough to read through this whole thing to find it: US6206749B1 - Yo-yo - Google Patents).

Like others have said, any yoyo can be a 5A yoyo - just tie a rock to the string.

For what it’s worth, a Code2 with brass domes would be a bi-metal :wink:

Nickle Code 2 with brass domes would be a Tri-Metal!

Dude! Relax them caps. Calm that crap down and talk like normal people. NO NEED TO SCREAM TO ASK A SIMPLE QUESTION!!!

jeez

Simple explanation. My use of caps is not ‘random’.

My use of caps is specifically to emphasize words that shape a better understanding of certain statements.

There is no randomness at all.

I use caps to identify relevance; not for increasing assertive volume.

Your failure or unwillingness to grasp this technique; I find most interesting.

1 Like

In that regard, italics would be more appropriate, grammatically speaking.

I just find it interesting that you criticize OP for using capital letters for emphasis when you do the same.

1 Like

I find it interesting that I told you exactly why I do what I do. And you quote my response and respond as if you didn’t grasp my explanation.

I cap the first letter of a word here and there for a reason I already explained.

The OP I criticized; typed out his entire subject in Full CAPS.

What is the similarity?

Win!

1 Like

I guess I’m just having issues grasping things today.

But you’re right - you only capitalized one letter while OP capitalized more than one letter. No similarities.

1 Like

:exploding_head:

(runs off to try this with the Mega Crash)

2 Likes

Might need 2 counterweights for that big boy haha

1 Like