Who is the biggest manufacturer today?

I think the word “collector” has a certain connotation for a lot of people that isn’t necessary bad, but it just seems to imply that we’re talking about a bunch of stuff that just sits around

1 Like

“shelf queens” is another term that gets bandied about sometimes :blush:

https://forums.yoyoexpert.com/search?q=%22shelf%20queen%22

The electric guitar world has something similar: “closet queens”. However, in the case of guitars, most buyers will openly admit that they have guitars (very expensive ones typically) they bought to simply own, but never to play (for fear of something bad happening to them).

1 Like

Having a yoyo a bunch of yoyos or a “collection” is not the same as being a yoyo “collector.”

I have a bunch of yoyos, you could call it a collection, but they are all mostly played at one time or another and most have a ding or two. I’m a yoyo player with a bunch of yoyos. If I were a “collector” I would buy a new yoyo and never play it, keeping in mint, pristine condition so as to maintain the value. A “collector” would have little interest in my “collection.”

2 Likes

Magicyoyo is probably the biggest manufacturer. Not saying that they are better than YYF just bigger.