Who is into MBTI? Yoyo Psychology

Hmmm…Test results…no personality… ;D Imagine that!

[quote=“Yoyo,post:15,topic:68945”]
ITT: butthurt retorts sidestepping the fact that someone knows more about a field than the other does.

You might as well be saying “lol nerd!”

3 Likes

I did a lot of reading on MBTI and other psychology related subjects 6-7 years ago. Back then I was strong INTJ. I figured I might as well retake the test to see if my results have changed any.

Nope.

Not surprisung at all, but still d expected a 75%+ in at least one of the latter 3.

Opposite actually. It should be obvious that a quiz full of yes or no questions will be inaccurate.

ENFP right here.

uhhh not really

it’s backed by one of the most prominent psychologists who set a decent (but arguable) foundation for personality theories and staunch research so it’s not like it would be “stupid” to assume that this is accurate. however i was pointing out that it’s not necessarily precise and people shouldn’t be super ecstatic or super disappointed of their result. all theories but they have been explored and improved on decades after decades (but then again EVERYTHING in science is a theory [including evolution]–any legitimate/educated scientist knows this)

just stop. like you’re really annoying

Yeah, it’s pretty obvious that you aren’t going to get accurate results when you ask people their opinions of themselves, they tend to be slightly biased.

So you’re saying that a method used by untold professionals in therapy groups and personal improvement seminars are all full of crap for espousing this method of personality evaluation? It’s a tool that when used in the proper environment and with the proper constraints and understanding can provide some insight into relationships and group dynamics.

Yes, there are a lot of stupid people who believe stupid things, the use of homeopathy in modern America for example. Besides, what does this test tell you about yourself that you didn’t already know?

These kinds of things don’t typically tell me much about myself that I don’t already know. Being self-actualized is more rare than you might think, though!

More importantly, though-- it’s useful for OTHER people. I can only relate to the True Colours thing, but when certain colleagues came up as Green or Orange, I was like, “aaaaahhhhhh, I get it now. Now I know why my usual approach to praise, encouragement, ____, or ____ wasn’t working out so well.”

Someone who gives a bit of credibility to these might go, “Well, if Greg is mostly ENFP, I think I might know some better ways to communicate with him and/or get the most out of him compared to what I’ve been using.”

Regardless, any excuse to examine yourself should prove to be interesting. :slight_smile:

Granted, yet as of yet, personally answering questions about your personal tendencies is the only way outside of undercover observation or mind reading, neither of which are remotely feasible.

one doesn’t need to take the test to figure out which cognitive functions one uses. that is if you believe in the cognitive function theories. that is all that really matters. i test as INTJ in socionics all the time but i think I am an INTP. why? from reading the profiles and definitions. when I read the INTP one, Ti and Ne introverted thinking, extraverted intuition my eyes :o .I also read about the J/P dichotomy. I relate. The power of deduction and a tiny bit of research.

Last time I took one I was an ISTP

I is moderate
S is slight
T is considerable
P is moderate

steve brown is an INFP i think. jensen is ISTP of INFJ