Who got a WM2/Sasquatch?

I got a green Sasquatch at pnwr
It’s awesome, but the color is bland

(You could get a tp for the price of a clyw lol)

I’ve tried the WM2 and I think it is a hit or miss throw. I wouldn’t spend $150 on it because it is more of a “fun” throw, compared to a serious competitor. I like my fun throws like my MFD Ape-x and Duncan MG (didn’t buy it for $200, it was on sale for $100) but I’d only be willing to spend $150 on competition ready throws.

That’s just me personally. I hope you like it!

lol those Sasquatches are the ultimate low-effort run. I mean why bother. It’s not like people were clamoring for more Sasquatches. They’re one of CLYW’s least popular yoyos, and for good reason. $125 for a boring-colored solid? Just lol. If you want a yoyo that feels like a rock on a string there’s tons of lower-cost options. I assume they just had these laying around or something and decided to finally sell them, no way was this release a planned run (or i sure hope not…)

Yes, yes. Anyone who’s been on this site for more than 5 minutes knows you have your issues with CLYW. As nice as I can put this, it’s getting old, Nathan. It’s time to move on. And clearly you didn’t read the blurb on the Sasquatch page, because it states that the design has been altered just like all the rest of the recent CLYW releases, so I’m pretty sure this was a planned run. Why they didn’t call this the Sasquatch 2 is my question. All that said, the Sas was never my favorite either, but I’m also not going to spend my time trying to knock it. The fact that you can say it’s a “rock on a string” indicates that you have at least tried the Sasquatch. It’s ok to let others try it too and draw their own conclusions.

lol boy that escalated quickly. I quite like CLYW and have a bunch of their throws. I have multiple WM2s and Avalanches, for instance. In fact the original Avalanches are probably still some of the funnest yoyos made. Nah i hadn’t read the Sasquatch blurb, but that might make it even worse. Why redesign a yoyo that was never a hit anyway instead of making something new and possibly unique or original instead?

I agree with you there. I would like to see something creative, but unique is a difficult request when competition yoyos are all the rage right now. I didn’t intend on escalating anything at all, so sorry if it sounded that way, but you can’t be surprised either. Your posts have been consistent with your opinion and there’s nothing wrong with that. It just doesn’t add to… well much of anything really. Especially when it’s a thread discussing people’s expectations of their new purchase. I hope you see my meaning. I’m also one who really wishes CLYW wasn’t so expensive because I came along when most of their throws maxed at $110. Now, they’re out of my reach. So when I see their yoyos at $150 it’s kind of disappointing. Still, it’s their business model that has grown because of their popularity. I think you and I actually see all of this the same way. I just think any sort of negative post about it only backfires which, I guess it did in my mind when I read your post. That’s all.

1 Like

I think it’s definately a difference in taste. The Sasquatch is actually one of my favourite CLYW yoyos, and I much prefered it to say, the Bonfire (which is one of their most popular recent models), so I was pretty glad to see a new run. :slight_smile:

That being said, I was really hoping for some splashes on this run. I’ve been meaning to pick up another Sasquatch for a long time, and the solid blue is alright, but I was disappointed that they only had the 3 colours. Like you said, the 'squatch doesn’t seem to sell as quickly as some of their models so it probably wasn’t worth their while to make an entire multi-coloured run. Still, I would have loved to pick up a Jackrabbit or Ash Berry one…

TO THE B/S BOARDS! whoosh

my sasquatch showed up on my door yesterday. so far i like it alot!

Got a clareview station Wooly Marmot

I have an issue - I got my Maiderade WM2 and it’s beautiful, I completely understand what you guys talk about now when you say CLYW’s colorways are special. Thing is though, I’m not sure I like the yo-yo itself and that’s a problem for me. I have a hard time dropping $100+ on any yo-yo - I’m lucky to be in a position where some/all of it might not be out of my pocket (thanks YoYoExpert!), but it takes a lot of effort for me to spend that much on one yo-yo vs three cheaper ones.

So anyway, because I spent $155 on this yo-yo I’m more conscious of that cost when throwing it, and it takes away the enjoyment for me. I know that one ding, and the perceived value is diminished greatly should I want to trade/sell it. I know that in this colorway, I could probably sell it for more than I paid (not that I’d actually do that, I can’t stand scalpers of rare items).

This puts me in a bind (pun intended) - do I play the snot out of this amazing looking yo-yo and hope it grows on me to the point where I want to keep it, but risk dinging it which will hurt the resale value should I choose NOT to keep it? Dings happen no matter how careful you are so I can’t play (properly) and not expect to ding it. Or do I sell it now while it’s MIB and probably never try another CLYW because I don’t like this one? The only other CLYW I’ve tried is the Summit and I love it but maybe that’s because I love everything (well almost) with Side Effects.

Decisions Decisions…

I was never a fan of the WM2, but I love and Bonfire and the Chief.

You should definitely definitely try more of their throws! They make many different yoyos for just that reason, they are all DIFFERENT. They all play differently so it does no good to judge their entire line of yoyos on just one you may or may not like

I’ve got the answer. Instead of thinking about that Schrodinger problem right there, you can do the best possible thing: give it to me! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ::slight_smile: ::slight_smile: ::slight_smile: ::slight_smile: ::slight_smile: ::slight_smile: ::slight_smile: ::slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

I think we’ve been pretty good at doing giveaways, but i can’t see us giving away a $150 yoyo without it being a special occasion or something. Never say never…

It does look sweet, I just have a problem spending that much on a Yo-Yo. :wink: