Which yoyo should I choose?

Same here!

1 Like

Buying a yoyo for its bearings is like buying a car for its tires.

4 Likes

Get the wide angle. It’ll probably be easier to hit tricks since its wider. Bearings and strings dont matter… You cant tell the difference in bearings and you’d use up the string pretty quickly…
If you’re open to it go for the recognition. One of the best out there…

1 Like

LMAO this is the best analogy ever

And buying a yoyo for the string is like buying the car for the gas in the tank :joy::joy::joy:

8 Likes

Is this your first unresponsive yoyo?

If string is an issue for you, I can help you out there. I have string that I dont use anymore (different thicknesses, brands, colors, lengths). I dont know what any of them are anymore, but you can have them for free.

2 Likes

Civility is my recommendation, it feels better to me when I hit or land a tricks. I have the Shutter Wide angle it is a very good throw. It just does not give me that same feel feed back.
Best to Buy them all sell the ones you do not enjoy they are all great throws they will move or keep them all. That is how it starts…

1 Like

Where is he expected to get one from?

1 Like

I need some of these bearings in my life it seems, I find even the DS Plats are not twice better than standard CTs where can I get something that is 5 times better? Would love to try

5 Likes

That is difficult these days. I would get on the forum and put up a looking for Civility throw.
I was asked my opinion, I had two of the ones being considered so I gave my limited two pennies. Hope it helps

I would advise the OP to pick up a Wide Angle Shutter or Recognition now, and chase a Civility on the BSTs later should neither of the former prove suitable for some bizarre reason.

4 Likes

get the recognition! it is sooooooo good and sooo cheap

2 Likes

I’ve got my eye on one myself. I have a Reduction and I love it.

Heh, this could be said of so many things! Like titanium yoyos for instance. However, love is blind as they say, and to me the important thing is that you’ve fallen in love.

I think everyyoer should have a ceramic bearing or two, if only just to experience them for themselves.

It’s also nice to try combinations. Sometimes switching one little part, be it string or bearing, can make magic happen.

Ceramic bearings can sometimes calm a vibey yoyo, if the seats are loose, as they are often a wee bit tighter on the post.

I love my Wide Angles! Haven’t tried the other two.

My advice is as others have said: get what you can get now, and chase other stuff later.

1 Like

When you say the Wide Angle is easier to land tricks because it is wider doesn’t necessarily help all the time. When you have 2 strings close to each other and you want to land the yoyo on only one of them, it’s gonna be more difficult with the Wide Angle. Tricks that I experience this problem with is Cold Fusion. You have to land the string on 1 out of 2 strings and a Wide Angle would be really difficult to do that with. It’s even tough to do with my Velocity. And my landing problems are fine. I can land the yoyo on the string with ease. I don’t struggle with that. And Civility is known for helping develop tricks, which is great for me since I am still learning strings. It is also good for horizontal and 5A play.

I like the civility but I’m not sure where you saw that it is superior for learning tricks. It’s cool but really it’s a yoyo like many other yoyos for all intents and purposes. Sounds like you have some idea of the dimensions you want, which helps. Just buy something you think looks cool in the spec range you think you want. Seriously. If you don’t have experience with the feel of many yoyos, the specs on a website won’t help you learn what you like. You just have to throw ‘em, no way around it. I understand not wanting to “waste” money on something you won’t like but you have to develop your own preferences

4 Likes

Oof
The wide angle is 3mm wider than the civility. Chances are if you cant hit the string with it you cant hit the string with a civility either.
The civility isnt known for developing tricks. Its just a regular yoyo like the wide angle. You wont find it necessarily better for learning, 5a, or horizontal.
The reason most people recommend the wide angle is because its cheaper, has a more flared out shape so you find it easier to land stuff and also its the only one of the two yoyos you’re talking about that is in stock. You cant buy a civility. You can buy a wide angle. Or go for the recognition which is probably the best bang for your buck right now.

4 Likes

I thought that Arcade was the best bang for my buck? The Arcade is $33 and the Recognition is $45. And does YoYoExpert have a branch in Canada cuz I don’t wanna wait a month just for my yoyo to arrive.

Guyz is I decide to buy the recognition how long will it take to arrive?

have you never tracked a package before? you tell us…

2 Likes