Which country has the best yoyo players?

In the past , The country had the best yoyo player is Japan but Now, Which country has the best yoyo players?

1 Like

I think it might be North Korea. Since they are not on the internet; you just have never seen them play. :wink:

In all seriousness; it is probably still Japan. They have so many good players for such a small population.

4 Likes

Top countries in no particular order

• JAPAN
  • SOUTH KOREA
  • CHINA
  • HONGKONG
  • VIETNAM
  • USA
  • RUSSIA
  • CZECH REP

note: please no political comments

3 Likes

Wouldn’t China be up there? I don’t pay attention to competitions, but it seems like there are a few Chinese players with signature yoyos.

2 Likes

oh yeah sorry thanks for reminding me, yes theres also few top players in china that are killing in the competitions lately.

1 Like

The Australians and Canadians know what their doing, along with the Philippines and Singapore. Brazilian players also have a deep history and don’t count out Mexico.

3 Likes

No offense but I only knew 3 or few players in these countries that you mentioned that has top competitive skills.

Your list makes me proud as a Vietnamese, probably because our name is still small and so is the market, this is why most players are not well known. I have seen many many more talented player from 2013-2017 but they all quit yo-yoing now because of many reasons. Now, we got social media booming especially IG and TikTok so hopefully things will be better

3 Likes

Not gonna lie most Vietnamese players has dense techincal tricks I’ve ever seen close to russians players, even with a single layered mount can do mind boggling trick concepts and it makes the viewers inspired (including me) to make their own combos.

2 Likes

Hopefully one day, I will see more of them competing in the international contest other than AP (I missed AP so bad, AP and 44CLASH hands down the best imo)

I agree AP has crazy SEA lineups like from the previous years, I wonder if the SG organizers has plans to make a championship this year since the pandemic is starting to slow down a bit. If they decided to do the contest again I’m 140 percent will compete and meet my yoyo friends again.

2 Likes

I would say America, not because I live in America but because we got Gentry, Evan, Alex Hattori, and Ryan Connolly and etc.! but I love all of them!

2 Likes

We had a little conversation about this on throwers discord. I think general consensus was

1 - Japan
2/3 - Korea, US
4 - China
5 - Czech Republic
Honorable mentions to Vietnam, Russia, Taiwan, Singapore

7 Likes

Sure we don’t want to talk about what country makes the best yoyo’s instead? :skull_and_crossbones: