Where to find red/white striped string?

Does anyone know where I could get red and white striped strings (looks kinda like a candy cane)?

Bet @BadWolfeCo would do a custom for ya.

2 Likes

To get a real candy cane stripe, it’s a decent amount more work than just normal string so I’d probably have to charge a little extra. But yeah I wouldn’t be opposed to making them if somebody wanted it. I don’t know if there are any sellers who already offer twists for sale but it’s not something I’d probably add to my shop to make regularly lol

5 Likes

Zipline’s Signature+ in the Bushido Baby color also springs to mind–not necessarily a candy-cane stripe but it’s got that red/white action

1 Like

I custom strings if you’re ever interested

Markmont has a red and white variety called Amy

Markmont Amy…

2 Likes

I’m looking for something more like this:

2 Likes

I could make a facsimile of that. Mine wouldn’t have as much stretch as a full nylon but i oculd get the color scheme going relatively easy i think

If not there’s a guy on facebook that might be able to copy that color style and feel that just opened up his own string co

1 Like

I could probably make something like that.

Hold up… is that my desk in that photo… did I make that

3 Likes

That image came up in a Google search. :man_shrugging:

Somebody here posted a photo once of a green & red yoyo (might have been a Christmas Sharks’ Honor) with a custom-made candy cane striped string. Too bad they don’t appear to be around to tell us where they got that string.

I have a string like that. Came as an extra from zipline around Christmas.

1 Like

Here a candy cane string for one of my 5A setups I made. (Sorry a bit old and nasty already)
It is very easy as long you do not need to make batches of them. I guess that is also why no boutique string manufacture makes twisted string.

2 Likes

Found it, that’s me: Mark: "Red and white candy cane twist yoyo string." - The Wandering Shop

This specific sample was made using this thread, in white and red:

It was very bouncy.

Candy cane twist are fun. A bit more work for sure.

Some old ones on the bottom row.

Edit: Here’s a couple I strung up today to remember how lol. They’re 8 strand which are a bit too thin with current gaps imho. Also trying to make a good match for the Uppercut.

Edit 2: Another thing with twist - after you spin down (I use a fishing swivel) untwist slightly and put a piece of a toothpick or similar in the loops from each thread so you can get them on a bearing easier later!

7 Likes

Michael from BadWolfeCo just hooked me up with some candy cane twist strings. Thank you, Michael; you da man! :christmas_tree: :+1:

7 Likes

Pictures?!? Hahahaha

2 Likes

8 Likes