Made Some Twisty Strings

Neon Orange x Neon Yellow

Neon Yellow x Neon Green

29 Likes

Ooo nice candy-cane style. I do like these because they have a very distinct look. Even though they’re apparently crazy amounts of manual labor to make…

4 Likes

Those look great!

2 Likes

Thanks Mark :blush:

@codinghorror thanks, and yes, they are pretty labor intensive. I mean, compared to your standard straight forward string that is.

3 Likes

How do they feel?

They feel like… strings…

Stringy strings…

Stringy strings that feel… stringy

4 Likes

Like smooth or stiff?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

They play just fine, they’re not really any different than normal strings

2 Likes

How much time does it actually take (roughly) to make one?

4 to 5 minutes a piece. As opposed to about eight regular strings in 10 minutes

5 Likes

Ooh I like that green/yellow one. I made a few of the candy cane style strings like that just because I wanted to try it out. Never made them again after that first time though. They came out good, but just seemed unnecessary.

6 Likes

Exactly.

4 Likes

Ain’t nothin’ necessary, my friends.

1 Like

I think they’re just as easy to make, if not easier, because you don’t have to walk back and forth. These green/yellow surge blends use 4 different threads, 1 green nylon, 1 green poly, 1yellow nylon and 1 yellow poly.

2 Likes

Huh, I might be missing something in my process then - I have to walk back and forth even more for twists. Got any tips?

1 Like

Ideally with the twists you’re only stringing each string half as far.

1 Like

Same here. Literally twice as many times as a normal string.

Those would look stylin with a BL too!

7 Likes

Oh that’s a super nice photo!

3 Likes

hey Chad i know this thread is old but could you maybe explain how you make candy cane styled strings? i’m learning more variations on string making and stuff and i’d like to know how to make these

1 Like