Where to buy Yoyo holsters

And yes there’sa purple silver bullet two in the holster that’s in my hand, it’s not empty. Came from Canada.

1 Like

1 Like

Nice vintage throw. I went to his site and he had a leather pouch that goes on belt https://www.tomkuhn.com/shop/yo-yo-pouch-bare-necessities/

2 Likes

@BadWolfeCo

3 Likes

Indeed.

3 Likes

Show us what you got then?
Everyone’s holster seems to be perfectly fine for them. @jhb8426

2 Likes

All the definitions of holster I just looked up mention holders for firearms and knives. I think the OP meant things to carry a yoyo on a body. The meaning of a yoyo holster is clear to everyone. It sounds better than Hangy Thing but it’d be nice to have the equivalent of a gun holster but it might be a bit cumbersome unless it was just for a smallish yoyo. I had a Zeekio holster for a belt but the velcro closure was sketchy and I’ve never trusted velcro much. I prefer to pocket my yoyo after it’s attached to a Hangy Thing clipped to a belt loop.

1 Like

The yoyo hanging has never been a bother to me

2 Likes

I hate a yoyo swinging free where I can feel it moving around and it can bang into something. Just my preference. Whatever we each like is cool to me.

2 Likes

A hanger dealy bob is not a holster. These are…
IMG_5509_v1

The first 3 are from Yomega, the last one is from BC.

Unfortunately the 2 black ones are limited in what they can hold. They work well for older Yomegas like Raiders and the Hyperwarp Wing. The other 2 work ok for more current sizes, like the YYJ HM and the G&E 4. The Edgeles fits but it’s tight.

p.s. A couple of people have contacted me on where I got these. I was a long time moderator on TheYo forum. Mike the owner sent me a box of goodies one time and those were in the box.

3 Likes

I’m just gonna say I’ve YoYod for a few years and never felt the need for a holster. Just seems idk… excessive? Most will fit in my pocket and if I don’t want to ding it up I just leave it at home anywAy and if I do bring one I don’t mind dinging it up… so I just don’t get the point. If anything to me no judgement just looks a bit dorky. Not hating so don’t gaslight me ha

1 Like

Actually, I’ve never used any of them, as in your case I think they’re a bit dorky. I posted for illustration purposes only because the guy asked what I had. I just happened to have them because they came with something I purchased at one time or another. My reply here was mainly to affirm my view of what constitutes a holster. These do, hanger dealy bobs don’t.

p.s. When it comes to holsters, I think knife holsters are over the top as well. The only time I use one is with my Buck folding hunter when I’m camping or otherwise in the woods. Any other knife I carry has to fit in my pocket.

3 Likes

May make one, I learned how to use a sewing machine during the pandemic and haven’t made anything other then masks.

1 Like

I carry a lot of gear, daily, every day.

3 Likes

Hey man I’m not judging ha just to me holsters appear a bit dorky but I’m a sweat pants kinda guy you feel

1 Like

I used to love putting my TK holster on my “fanny pack” in the 80’s. It’s very functional and protects the yo-yo great. But the comments about wearing Batman’s utility belt get old fast. In hindsight the cape did not help.

4 Likes

My Hangy Thing (yoyo deep in my pocket) is just my only defense against my yoyo coming out of my pocket and not hearing it hit the floor / ground and possibly losing it. I once had a yoyo pop out of my pocket when I knelt down to take a photo. Maybe HOLDster is a better word for the dangling things.

1 Like

If it holds then that’s all that matters, i have enough things in my pockets. plus @BadWolfeCo holsters are the best ones I’ve found
I own 3 currently

2 Likes

Just want to say I love that you took your pants off for the photo.

5 Likes

I want to add my support for Bad Wolfe Co. I bought one of their holsters and the thing I really love about it is a minor detail that isn’t always done: the tightness around the yoyo doesn’t affect how long the strap hangs down; the yoyo is always hanging at the same distance. It sounds stupid, but it’s the difference between your yoyo slapping your legs versus hanging on like a keychain.

6 Likes