Where do you wear your string?

I wear it on between the first and middle joint of the middle finger, a little closer to the middle.

1 Like

What about Dazzling Dave? I saw this article with the angiogram of his hand - made me think he wears the string on his pointer finger as well.

2 Likes

What happened to his hand wasn’t yoyo related. Read a couple of articles about it

2 Likes

Oh, I see the comment about string placement lower down in the article. My bad.

But I know what you’re thinking: how did it happen? Was it to do with the yo-yo string looped over the finger, as some have suggested?

If you think back to a more innocent time when a yo-yo may have been in your own toy arsenal, you’ll know that’s not it. The normal place for a yo-yo to sit is actually on the middle digit.

“The injury is most likely caused by the impact of the yo-yo on the hand when I catch it,” explains Schulte.

“The biggest misconception of the injury is that I put the slip knot on my index finger to yo-yo. I do not do that, I attach it to the normal place.”

Was there more to the story?

No just a couple articles saying the same thing
Edit: oh I see what you mean. I misspoke I meant it wasn’t string related

2 Likes

Nah man, thanks for pointing it out! I guess I stopped reading when I got the happy ending that they were mostly able to fix it :grimacing: Question about Dave answered, back to the topic at hand!

Middle bit of the middle finger. Yep yep.

1 Like

Doc Pop made a video with Dazzling Dave where he tells the whole story in detail.

3 Likes

Middle finger dip joint. And yes I looked that up.

I wear it almost in the base of my finger

Just up from the first knuckle of my middle finger

Try mixing it up when your finger gets sore. Charles Haycock loops the string around the base of both his middle and ring finger. I’ve done it in the past when my finger hurt a little, it’s an interesting change of pace and alleviates any stress on an individual finger.

2 Likes

Solid advice thank you!

5 Likes

Showing off your ankle monitor? :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I alternate. It depends what I’m working on. String tricks I wear it pretty standard, first middle finger knuckle. But I go to the base of my middle finger because for some odd reason I’m able to whip better there. Also it distributes the stress more evenly from the string tightening. As for my index finger, not sure what to do there but I had an accident a while back and I still don’t feel it 100 percent. As such I have no idea what damage I’m causing there. All I know is I like yo-yos.

2 Likes

Around my phalanx proximal digiti III manus dextra… :wink:

1 Like

i studied engineering in college, so pages and pages… and pages of handwritten calculations were the norm. i developed a pencil callous on my middle finger at the base of my knuckle. this helps a little bit with yoyo string damage lol

1 Like

Right there

5 Likes

your beard is awesome…just sayin’

Yeah! The focus is more to the beard eh :sunglasses:. That’s cool!!

1 Like